05

honestly wtf why haven't I updated surry

I did not walk my way to this house to be friend zoned or whatever the fuck just happened. I travelled here to apologise so we can be lovey dovey again, not to just talk and sit around. My friends are already the maximum amount, I don't need more.

"Erm.. Thank you for letting me in Mrs. Chris' mom," Awkwardly and politely, I waved at her and headed out the front door.

Before I could step out, his mom reminded me, "What about the thing you had to get Chris?"

I stopped, eyes widening as I forgot I gave her a shit excuse.

"Um.. He told me that he found it in his bag, so I'll be leaving now.."

She mumbled a low 'okay' before letting me leave. My shoes tapped against the sidewalk, making thumping sounds and almost falling backwards. The pockets of my jeans were stuffed with nothing but my delicate hands.

You've been a great friend.

Okay.. But we went further than friends. I don't even think we began as friends. How would you know if I'm a good friend? Maybe good boyfriend because all we've been doing is girlfriend and boyfriend shit, but I think you lost your memory.

"Michael!"

I picked my head up, realising I've walked a long way to somewhere that was unfamiliar in the past minutes. My head turned side to side, searching for whoever called my name. A red head came into view, walking towards me. Jesse. We haven't seen each other in a forever, since she had different classes than I and we never got to see each other in the hallway for some reason.

"Oh, hey Jesse. It's been a while," I crossed my arms, giving her a tiny smile.

She returned a smile, showing off her pearly whites. "I know, I almost forgot you existed." My expression softened, a pout forming on my lips. "Kidding Mikey, how can I forget a red headed idiot like you?"

I shoved her a bit, earning a shove back and almost losing my balance. We laughed for a few minutes, making small talk with each other.

"So, where were you heading?" I asked as we walked side by side.

"I was going to have some Chinese food," she pointed with her finger at a shop that was part of the strip mall.

I looked at her, confused. "You were going to eat alone? Where's Isabella and them?"

She shrugged her shoulders and rolled her eyes, something I haven't seen her do at the same time since freshman year. It always made me laugh because of how funny she looked, and also how she literally couldn't care less about what someone thought of her face like that. I wonder why she stopped all of a sudden.

"They're double dating or doing whatever couples do, so I'm going to do what single people do: eat alone."

Once we reached the Chinese house, we stood silently. She turned away to walk into the restaurant, but I spoke up and stopped her mid way.

"To cure your boredom of yourself, I can join you so you don't look like a loser. Deal?" I held out my hand for her to shake on it, which she did politely and opened the glass doors.

"I'll pay you back one day or another, whichever comes first."

She laughed, "Just like all the other times you said that. I'll just put it on your tab."

I nodded as I watched her fiddle with the keyhole and her red smokey key. Once it unlocked, she looked at me. It was a look that said, well leave and was usually followed by looking around the area. It was a normal gesture I became known of by many awkward people.