02

Ever since the first party I saw her at this year, Jacob would endlessly bother me about her. Luckily, he didn't see us again. At least, I hope he didn't. he probably would have said something by now.

"That girl, whatever her name is, seems to have gotten you all shook up," he smirked, sipping his chocolate milk.

I sighed again for the umpteenth time today, "She has a name, and why are you so intrigued by this girl? Maybe you should go out with her."

"So, you're confirming that you're going out with her?"

Giggles erupted from the table because they're all gigantic dickheads. I stood up from my seat in the canteen, "Listen you dickheads, she's just a girl. She's going to fall in love with me like the rest of them, and I won't reciprocate the feeling. Also, I'll get to do it with a hot girl that's older, and you guys won't because you're all just a bunch of dumbasses that can suck my ass."

I stormed away with red in my cheeks from my anger. Before I shut the canteen door, one of them shouted, "old as your mom?"

I'll show them, this will be the biggest heartbreak around. She'll get hooked on me, I'll make her seem like I love her. I'll make her fall in love with me. She can't possibly turn down me.

..

For the next two weeks, I saw her at every party I went to. And trust me, I've been to a lot. We always talked together during the end. It feels like we knew each other since we were toddlers. She's so carefree and relaxing. Its pretty weird how she goes to every party I've been to so far, but she said something about her brother.

It's funny how she still is relaxed and chill when I'm looking at her. I'm looking at her while snogging this random blonde. Actually, she seems amused by it. My idea of making her want me is not going so well. Her eyebrow arched up amusingly while I rolled my eyes.

The blonde loosened herself, red glossy lips. She had a glint in her eyes as she whispered, "do you want to go upstairs?"

"No, thanks though Angie," I smiled at her, patting her shoulder.

She looked very offended as she gasped, "It's Maggie. And maybe next time then."

I peered back at the spot where I saw Spencer last and realised she disappeared. Waving off Megan, I walked through the crowd of people to go find Spencer. I asked around if anyone saw her, nobody responded. I mentally cursed to myself because of her not talking to anyone. She's usually the social type.

The only way she could have left so quickly was if she headed out the front door, exiting the party. But she'd never leave this early without talking to me, right? Doesn't she like talking to me? I like talking to her, so she must reciprocate the feeling.

Once the fresh air hit my face, I breathed calmly. My eyes scanned the front year, looking for her. Instead, I found a brunette with the same spiky heels she wore the first time I saw her. Instantly, I ran towards her.

"Spencer. Spencer!" I shouted, running down the concrete. My feet were starting to slip and my pits were sweating.

She turned around as I held onto her shoulder, trying to regain myself. She crossed her arms, the same amusing look on her face. Her hand squeezed at my forearm slightly, calming my breathing down but making my heart beat race.

Once I regained my posture, I questioned, "You're leaving already? You just got here and the party is just starting."

"Michael, some people arrive earlier than others. Some people actually arrive when the party starts," she chuckled. "And anyways, I have to be home early for my grandparents to take me out to dinner."