My father

Morty's pov

I was at my locker putting all my books away. I was getting a little nervous meeting y/n at lunch. I started to close my locker until I heard someone calling my name.

"M-morty *burps* I need your help," a voice that sounded so familiar.

" What do you need Rick?" I looked up at my grandpa.

" You need to help me collect some *burps* alien crystals for my l-latest experiment," he explained.

"B-but.." I started to say but Rick cut me off as always.

"There's no time," and as always I was being dragged away for another weird and crazy adventure. I do hope I can still come back and eat lunch with y/n

Y/n's pov

I started to head towards the lunchroom, not wanting to leave Morty waiting for me. I mean what type of person would I be if I left someone waiting for me for more than a few minutes. I entered the lunchroom with the sound of girls gossiping about the latest issue, and the guys talking about sports or something. I sat down on an empty table with my lunch in my hand.

5 minutes later

"Maybe he's running a little late no big deal," I muttered under my breath.

20 minutes later

Lunch was almost over, I couldn't believe he bailed on me. I feel completely stupid waiting on him. I feel more like a looser because I literally sat alone in lunch. I started to throw my lunch away and headed towards my next class.

Time skip

"Im home!" I yelled as I opened the door of my house. I walk into the kitchen noticing a note on the counter saying that my mom was gonna be late for supper. I opened the fridge and grabbed some grapes and started to wash them. After I was done I put the grapes in a bowl and headed towards my room. I opened my computer and opened my spotify playlist. I started to blast on (fav/song). I sat on my bed and all of a sudden I started to cry.

"Why am I crying?" I asked myself. I couldn't tell if I was crying about lunch earlier or was it something more. I then realize how Morty leaving me alone at lunch today reminded me of my father who left my mother and I for some other woman. I honestly thought I forgot about my father but he has done some painful damage to me. I still don't think I can forgive him but in the end he's still my dad wether I like it or not.

" Enough crying," I told myself. I got up and started to make dinner for myself. Once I finished eating, I went to get ready for bed. With the thoughts of my father still in my head as I cried myself to sleep.

NeighborsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara