Part 11: Once Upon A Time (FINALE)

(Narrator's POV)

The two of them stared each other for what seemed like forever. It felt like time has stopped and the only thing that seemed to be moving was only the two of them. Jungkook ended the call, and started to walk over towards her, but she felt herself stand there, frozen.

As he was almost a metre away from her, she started to move backwards, moving away from him. She didn't know what led her to do it, but she knew that she was just afraid to approach him, scared that she would end up getting hurt.

"I lied. I always did." Jungkook whispered as he started to reach out to her but she completely rejected his hand.

"About what?" She asked, completely confused as to what he was trying to get across. "Lied about what? Everything?"

He tried to hold her hand but she moved away from him, and he shut his eyes, letting out a huge sigh. She bit her lip nervously, staring at him as a few wrinkles started to form on his forehead. She folded her arms, "so you lied about going to Rome?"

"Yeah," he replied softly, and she pursed her lips into a line, almost like she wasn't buying it.

"What else is a lie?" She questioned him, "was everything just an act? Just like the first time?"

"Let me explain," he insisted, offering her a hand and she looked away from him, totally unconvinced. "Just give me a chance, I have nothing to do that will hurt you."

She glanced at him, looking at his hand and back at his face. Giving in, Seoyeon took his hand and followed him as he started to walk down the pier that was surprisingly starting to clear up. She watched him as he brought her to the middle of the pier, and as they got there, she was starting to see different pictures of her.

"Wait.. what is this?" She asked, pointing at all the pictures of her and Jungkook finally stopped to his destination in which it had all of his work, his pictures, all hung up around the pier.

She was at a loss of words, looking at all the pictures that were surrounding the two of them. It was almost getting late, and the lights and lamps did a perfect job in making the whole scenery look more romantic. Seoyeon couldn't help but feel her eyes start to tear up, her eyes stopping and looking at a picture of the two of them at the amusement park on her birthday.

She sighed, wiping her tears that somehow started to fall out of her eyes as Jungkook felt his heart clench at the sight of her shedding some emotions. It wasn't that she was upset, neither was she extremely happy.. she was sort of in between.

"Don't cry.. you know I hate it when you cry." Jungkook mumbled as she glanced up at him, feeling his thumb caress her cheek as he wiped a tear away.

"Sorry, I was just.. I was so afraid that you'll leave me.. again." She whispered, and he shoved his hands into his pockets, feeling the ends of his lips tug upwards into a smile. "Why are you smiling? I'm trying to be serious here."

"You should know that I'm never going to leave you." He shrugged his shoulders, leaning closer towards her as she felt her heart being pulled at its heartstrings. "I let go of you once, and I'm not doing that again."

"You made me worry, I thought you were going to leave me here and go to Rome and find some other girl who's ten times more prettier than me, fall in love with her and then forget about—"

"About you?" He chuckled, and she pouted, glancing at him as he shook his head. "Why would I do that if I'm completely and deeply in love with you? Seoyeon, I can never leave you.. heck, I don't think I'd fall in love with any other girl but—"

"What did you say?" Her voice was barely a whisper and he stopped his ramble, his eyebrows knitting together in confusion.

"What?" He asked. I just said that I was completely and deeply in love with you and that—"