Part 4: Amusement Parks

Present Time

It felt different the moment Seoyeon and I split apart from each other.

We weren't necessarily together, but it was that loneliness that made me begin to think that we were.. that we were together.

All those sleepless nights wondering how she was doing with her life and if she was doing better off without me, tortured me to death. My camera had several memory cards filled with pictures that I have yet to delete, and some that are meant to stay.

But that's when I realized that it were those moments that I missed, moments with her that made me feel like myself, like I was on cloud 9. It were those moments that I missed where I was so carefree, with her by my side.

But it all took one mistake.

And it was that stupid rule. Rule number 3.

It was that stupid 'fake' relationship that torn the two of us apart.

But mistakes are obstacles that help a person from moving forward and to either learn from it, or use it to make something or someone just as better than before.

And I was bound to make rule number 3 an exception.

Because I was falling in love with Seoyeon.. she just didn't know, yet.

~~~~

Past - A Year Ago...

(Seoyeon's POV)

I sat outside of the classroom, drawing circles on my paper. I've been sitting outside the math class for about half the morning, waiting for Jungkook to finish his exam. I guess you could say I was pretty dedicated, for a best friend.

After two months worth of trying to help him with his math, today was his final exam day where he could prove that he knew his stuff. But two months worth of tutoring Jungkook meant spending some nights together, explaining and going through tough questions that he hated the most.

Two months of helping him out, but somehow, it made me nervous. What if two months just wasn't enough? What if he doesn't pass his final exam?

I huffed out a pocket of air, placing my head against the wall. Suddenly, the door opened and I looked up to see Jungkook standing there with a blank expression on his face.

"How was it?" I stood up onto my feet, looking at him.

He glanced at me, his eyes filled with disappointment and doubt. I knew that look. I pursed my lips into a line, my head beginning to hang low.

But then, I looked back up at him to flash a reassuring smile.

"There's always a next time, right?" I sadly smiled, patting his shoulder. "I don't mind tutoring you again."

He handed me a packet of long foolscap paper, folded in his hands just so that the students around us wouldn't be able to see his final mark. I took it from him, unfolded the foolscap paper to see his grade.

I scrunched my nose in confusion, a 96%?

He passed?

"But I thought you said you failed—" I began only to felt himself crush me with a tight embrace.

I stiffened for a moment, only to finally relax underneath his touch. Hugging him back, I felt him snuggle into my neck. I rubbed his back, smiling wide as ever.

"You scared me, dude." I whispered and he chuckled. "I guess I don't need to tutor you again, you seem like you're doing well."

"Thank you," he pulled away from the hug and I realized that his face was inches away from mine.