Part 9: Can I Kiss You?

Start from the beginning

"But is he, yours?" I fired back at her as her eyes widened. "Last time I remember, you laughed at him for wanting you back."

"Mistakes happen, I just want him back.. all to myself." Haeun shook her head. "Is that so hard to ask for?"

"You're married." I pointed towards her ring as she hid it with her other hand. "Don't even dare try to hide it from me, Haeun. Jungkook told me everything, he told me that he found out that you were getting married when he was trying to chase after you and get you back."

"But too bad, because he's stupidly in love with you!" She yelled. "And being the stupid person you are, you started all of this shit!"

"How is this my fault?!" I screamed as she started to walk closer to me. "What did I do?!"

"You agreed to this fake relationship with him." She muttered. "You.. fell in love with him."

"Since when did falling in love become wrong and a choice?" I whispered. "You're committed to someone else, Haeun.. just like how Jungkook is committed to me. When will you accept that?"

"Never," she smiled.

She walked over to me, taking the wooden spoon and putting some batter into her mouth. She swished it through her mouth and just before I knew it, she spat it onto my shoes.

I gasped, looking at her with disbelief. She then took a cupcake from one of the cupcake holders, chewing on it and once she was done, she spat it on top of the batter that was also on top of my shoes.

"Jungkook ran after you, Haeun." I started to explain, trying to calm down knowing that she was being extremely rude. "But you broke his heart. He's moved on, and you clearly got left behind."

"If he ran after me, then why didn't he talk to me?" She looked hurt. "Why didn't he show up? Why didn't I see him?"

"Because he got tired of chasing after you, Haeun." I said softly. "You were too busy with your new upgrade and it hurt Jungkook so much that he gave up on you."

"This isn't fair—"

"It's fair, Haeun." I cut her off, tears starting to flow down my cheeks. "Jungkook has moved on, why would you stop him if you're the only one still hanging?"

She smirked, turning away from me to hide herself. "Funny how he told me the same exact thing."

"What?" I whispered, only to see her smirk falter into a frown. "He did?"

"He never told you that we spoke?" She looked at me with a questioning look. "I figured that he would've told you, which is the reason why I'm here."

"Does it matter?" I asked her as she started to frown, noticing that I was practically crying right in front of her. "Will that change the fact that I'm in love with your ex? Will it change the fact that I am stupidly in love with someone whom you hurt badly?"

"Would things have changed if I took him back?" She whispered.

I slowly nodded my head, giving her a sad look as she began to tear up right in front of me. She played with her wedding ring, wiping her tears as she looked at me with a smile that was surprisingly.. sincere?

"Things would've been different if you gave him another chance," I replied in a soft mumble, "but you're forever taken, fully committed to someone else, Haeun."

Her head hung low, and I hesitated to reach out to her, "look, I'm sorry—"

"No, don't be." She cut me off, avoiding my gestures as she shook her head. "You have no right to be sorry, I should. I'm really sorry, Seoyeon."