Part 7: Happy Birthday, Jungkook.

Start from the beginning

He grabbed his change and shrugged his shoulders. "I have no idea, he was quiet all morning. He never said a single word when I visited him with my gift, he gave such dry replies."

The scenario was oddly familiar to her. She pursed her lips into a line and turned around to give her cake one last glance before making a decision. "I wonder what happened to him.."

"You'll probably be the first one he'll open up to," he insisted, pointing towards her cake. "Give him a visit, try cheering him up, you're the one he needs to talk to."

"What if he doesn't want me there?" She asked, in a panicky tone. "What if he doesn't like the cake? What if he doesn't answer the door? What if-"

"Stop with the what ifs," he chuckled, "do it. Jungkook would never be that way about you, especially when he loves you that much."

She held in her breath, her heart stopping at Jimin's words. She smiled, going back to her cake and packing it into a box. As she placed the cake into her right hand, she placed a 'closed' sign on the cashier desk. Jimin felt the ends of his lips tug into a smile as she walked out with him. She turned off the lights, switching the 'open' sign to 'closed' on the door, and locked it with her keys.

She turned around and stopped as Jimin nodded his head in approvement. "What?"

"Now I see why Jungkook's running after you," he grinned. "You're a keeper."

~~~~

The elevator doors opened with a ding and out she went onto the floor where Jungkook's office was located. Down a few doors, she finally made it right in front of his office. She breathed in, sucking in a large pocket of air so that she wouldn't grow so nervous.

Knocking on his door, she heard some shuffling and the door suddenly opened to reveal Jungkook, shirtless.

"What do you want now, Jimin-Seoyeon?" His tone changed from harsh to soft, only to let their eyes widen. He shut the door on her, and she felt the breath being knocked right out of her.

He was shirtless.

She gripped tightly onto the box that held the cake, hearing the shuffling once again behind the closed door. The door opened and Jungkook was wearing a shirt, leaning against the doorframe.

"What are you doing here?" He asked softly, and she smiled, lifting up the cover of the box to reveal his birthday cake. "Seoyeon, you didn't really need to-"

"I wanted to." She cut him off. "Can I come in?"

He made some way for her to enter into his office. Her eyes scanned throughout the whole messy office, a few photographs ripped apart and thrown all over the floor. Picture frames were shattered, leaving glass scattered across the floor as well.

"What happened?" She whispered, turning towards him as he handed her a lighter.

"It's no big deal, I'll clean it up later." He shrugged his shoulders and she gave him a confused look, lighting the candles.

"Happy Birthday Jungkook," she whispered, looking into his eyes that sparkled when he looked at the cake. He looked the slightest bit happy, his eyes a bit hooded and red.

"Thanks," he smiled sadly and she furrowed her eyebrows.

"Let's clean up your office and bring it back to how it's supposed to be." She insisted and poked his nose, "and later, I'll take you out for ice cream, my treat."

He looked at her and shrugged his shoulders, "I guess."

She frowned, poking at his cheek, tugging at the ends of his cheeks to force a smile from him. "You know, I love it when you smile."