Chapter 21

V21) -Damien's POV-

By the time Derek and I got to the parliament building, it was the afternoon. We both got out of the car and we both walked towards Mark. "Hey Mark. Thanks for doing this." I said to him. "No problem. Rose is like one of us and we want her back as much as you do." Mark told me. I looked at the group of 50 or so people and said, "Is this everyone?" "Pretty much. All these people are willing to go against the man." Mark said to me. "Alright, lets do this now so the quicker we can get Rose out of there. Me, you, Derek, and a few vampires and werewolves are going to go in there. If a fight breaks out, then the rest will rush in there to help us." I said to them. They all agreed and then we walked in to the building.

-Rose's POV-

As I hanged their alone in the room, I chuckled dryly to myself. Never in a million years would I have imagined that this would be how it ended. I thought I'd die in a freak accident or of old age, not by being tortured by a psychotic vampire. As I started to slip into darkness, the last thought that crossed my mind was Damien.

-Damien's POV-

As we walked down the corridor, guards tried to stop us but I pushed them out of the way with determination in each step I take. I pushed the giant oak doors open and we walked in to the room where all the parliament members were having a meeting. "Prince Damien, what are you doing here? It's disrespectful to walk in here without any warning." One of the men said to me angrily. "I'd say what you guys are doing is disrespectful. I'm here to set things right and take back the girl I love." I said to them with authority in my voice. One of the men took off his glasses and said, "Prince Damien, we know you are upset about us putting your human on trial, but she did break the law." "Fuck your laws. They just put you in favor of getting more power. You guys don't really want peace with the werewolves, the war ended because the citizens were about to rebel because they lost so many loved ones. My father has been trying so hard to get real peace in our world, but you always vote against his ideas because you all think the vampire race is above everyone else. I did think like that at one point, but it took one human girl to make me realize that despite the differences between the species, everyone can actually work together. Being here today with the werewolves proves my point." I told them all. "You're willing to go against your own race for one silly human girl?" One of the men asked me angrily. I smirked and said, "Definitely. I'll go to hell and back for her if I needed to. Now you all have a choice to make: either let Rose go and start giving power back to my Father, or if you don't do that we will challenge your authority and the werewolves are on my side along with vampires. We aren't afraid to go to war for this either. So what will it be, peace or war?" "You are mad to be challenging our authority like that, Prince Damien!" One of the men shouted at me angrily as he stood up. "I'm completely sane right now. I want a world of peace, and when I am King I will make that happen even if it means going against the parliament." I told them confidently. I heard murmurs amongst them and then one man spoke up, "Give us a while to discuss what we are going to do, Prince Damien." I nodded and said, "Fair enough." I walked outside with the others and I leaned against the pillar that was outside of the building. "What do we do now?" Derek asked me. "Wait. If they don't make a decision by nightfall then it's war." I told him. I just hope Rose can last that long.