Chapter 18

V18) -One week later-

Damien and I were in the music room when we heard a big commotion downstairs. We both got up and went downstairs where we saw a bunch of people that Xavier were arguing with. "Dad, what's going on?" Damien asked Xavier. "There she is. Grab that girl." The guy who seemed to be in charge said. Two big guys came towards us and grabbed my arms. "Let me go!" I shouted at them as I struggled against their grips. "You can't take her. I have her papers." Xavier said to the guy in charge. "I'm sorry, King Xavier. But the parliament ordered for this girl to be removed from your house immediately so she can face trial for breaking our laws. I wish we could've done this differently." The guy said to Xavier. Before the big guys could drag me outside, I slipped out of their grips and ran to Damien. I threw my arms around his waist and put my face in his face. "I don't want to go, Damien. Don't let them take me." I said into his chest as I felt tears falling on my cheeks. Damien held me tightly and I felt him kiss the top of my head. "I'm going to get you out of this, I promise you. Just stay strong for me, Rose." He told me as he wiped the tears off my face. I nodded sadly and he kissed me. I kissed back like it was the last time I'd ever kiss him until I felt a shock in my side. I crumpled to the ground on my knees in pain as I saw Damien punch the guy, who shocked me, in the face. Xavier held Damien back as I felt myself being lifted into the air. I struggled against the big guys arms as he held me in place. They put handcuffs on my wrists and my eyes widen as one of the guys pulled out a knife and put it against my neck. He ended up cutting the collar off of my neck and I felt a few tears come out of my eyes as I watched it fall to the ground. They carried me outside and threw me in the back of an armored van. As I laid on the cold metal floor of the van, I decided that I had to fight back and at least try to escape so I can get back to Damien. I tried to slip out of the handcuffs, but they were too tight around my wrists. Suddenly, the van stopped and the doors opened. One of the guys grabbed me and forced me to go in this giant castle that had an ominous look to it. As we were walking down one of the isolated hallways, I decided this was the best time to escape. Since they handcuffed my hands in front of me, I used that to my advantage. I quickly brought my hands up and hit the guy in the face as hard as I could. He bent forward and held his face as I made a run for it. I turned into random hallways until I got to one hallway and as I was about to turn into the hallway, I felt the wind get knocked out of me. I fell to my knees and coughed as I heard an annoying laugh above me. They grabbed my hair and forced me to look up at them. I glared as I saw Stacey. "Look who finally arrived. I'm going to have fun giving you what you deserve, you filthy human." Stacey sneered at me and then started dragging me down the hall by my hair. I winced, but I kept my composure as she dragged me into the room that looked like it was used for torcher. She lifted me up used the chain on the handcuffs to hang me on this hook that was in the middle of the room. I couldn't see what she was doing, but I quickly realized it once I felt the pain in my back from the leather. I held back the screams as she kept slashing me in the back with the whip.