Chapter 2

Once I was sold, they pulled me into this pretty bright room where the guy who bought me was at with a person who looked like a doctor. In the room, that's when I saw how unnaturally good looking everyone was. They were like super model kind of beautiful. Xavier then walked up to me and grabbed my hand and said, "My name is Xavier. It's nice to meet you. You"ll make a great gift for my son." He smiled and that's when I noticed he had pretty long canines and his hands were very cold. As the doctor guy was giving me shots of who knows what realization hit me like a ton of bricks. "You're a vampire, aren't you?" I asked him. "You're correct. I am the King of the vampires." Xavier said with a smile. Not only have I just been sold to a vampire, I've been sold to the head of all vampires. Once I was done in there, Xavier picked out a red collar for me to wear and asked them to wrap me up, which only consisted of putting a red bow in my hair. He then led me outside and into a black limo where we both sat in the back. It was silent in the car but Xavier had a pretty pleased look on his face. "What are you gonna do to me? Am I just gonna be a vampire's pet or will you kill me?" I asked him. "My son is turning 19 today and I wanted him to have a human. Nothing like a pet though, the collar is only needed when you go outside in this world. My son will become King someday and I want him to know how humans are and act because part of the job as King does mean you travel a lot to and from the human world. He needs to learn to control himself and I want him to view humans as more than a food source when he's older." He told me with a smile. "How do you know I can do that though?" I asked him. He chuckled a little and said, "When you spit in the auctioneer's face I knew you could do it. That's something my son would've done if he was in your shoes. You seem like a stubborn girl, so you won't give up easily and he needs someone around that can say no to him." I smiled a little and then looked out the window. Well at least I wasn't bought as food or to be some old guy's sex toy.About a half a hour later, the car pulled in the driveway of the huge mansion. It was quite beautiful. We got out of the car and Xavier put his hand on my back as he led me inside of the mansion. The inside was way more beautiful than the outside though. I looked around in amazement as Xavier called some people to come downstairs. I blinked once and there was already 3 people standing by Xavier. I didn't even hear their footsteps. Xavier kissed an older, but very beautiful woman on the cheek as a guy my age, which I'm guessing is Xavier's son, and younger girl of 6 or 7 stood near him as well. I stood there awkwardly until the little girl saw me and in a flash was in front of me holding my hand and saying, "Daddy, who's the pretty human?? Is she food you brought for us?" I furrowed my eyebrows at the word 'food' as Xavier put a hand on my shoulder and said, "Raven, you know that this isn't how we get our blood. She isn't food. She's my gift to Damien." As Xavier's wife, Ana, came over and greeted me- I noticed that Damien's face looked at me in disgust when his father said that. "Father, I don't want that girl. Take her back!" Damien shouted angrily at his Father. For the first time since meeting him, I see Xavier get mad. "You are going to keep her whether you like it or not, Damien. Now for your little outburst she's going to be sharing a room with you and you will be spending time getting to know each other." Xavier told his son. Damien looked pissed off but he nodded and then ran up stairs. Now I'm a little mad I have to bunk with mr. Grumpy-pants. Xavier gave me an apologetic smile and said, " I apologize for my son's outburst. As you can see he is very stubborn." I nodded and said, "No need to apologize." Xavier then told Raven to take me to Damien's room. She grabbed my hand and basically pulled me upstairs and down many hallways until we got to a black door. I thanked her as Raven left. I knocked on the door, since I didn't think it'd be right to just barge in. But when no one answered, I just opened the door and walked in. Damien was laying on his bed listening to his iPod. He only glanced at me but just ignored me. Damien had a pretty big room. His room was a crimson color and he had a king sized canopy bed that had black sheets. I noticed he had a bunch of CDs so I looked at them and I said, "You have a good taste in music." He didn't say anything but I felt his eyes on me as I walked around his room. I looked outside of the window and saw a big garden in the backyard with a kinds of flowers. I also noticed it was starting to get dark outside. Next to the window I saw a guitar sitting on a guitar stand. I was just about to pick the guitar up when I suddenly felt a cold hand around my wrist. "Don't touch the guitar." He told me. I looked into he onyx eyes, almost captivated by them, and smiled and said, "Alright. I'm the same way with my guitar that i have at home." I instantly frowned and looked away when I said the word home. I won't get to see home again now. I pulled my wrist away from his grasp and said, "Do you have some clothes I can wear? I kinda just want to sleep now." He looked through his drawer and pulled out some basketball shorts and a shirt of his to wear, he handed them to me and said, "After school we will go get you some clothes." I nodded as he showed me towards the bathroom and closed the door. I quickly changed and then I washed the makeup off of my face. When I got back into the room, the light was already off and i saw Damien already sleeping. I sighed and went over to the bed. I grabbed a pillow and pulled the blanket off of him. "What the hell are you doing?" He said to me, annoyed. "I'm not sharing a bed with you so I'm sleeping on the floor. You're a vampire anyways, it's not like you really need a blanket." I said to him, then stuck my tongue out at him and laid down on the ground. I heard him get up and then I got picked up in the and placed on the bed. I looked at him confused as he got in the bed too and he just said, "Just deal with it. Not like we have any other choice." I just laid my head on the pillow and quickly fell asleep.