Chapter 4

After lunch, I went to the rest of my classes with Damien. I had the same classes as him since I shouldn't really be left by myself in a school full of vampires. I stood besides Damien as I quietly listened to him and Mark talk to each other. That's when I felt someone grab my butt. In a spilt of a second, I instinctively spun around and punched who ever it was that did that in the face. I held my hand to my chest in pain as it felt like I just punched a boulder. The guy who did it, had brown hair and brown eyes, he held his face until I saw Damien, with red eyes, push the guy with a lot of force that it sent him flying backwards until he hit the wall. Just as Damien was going to go towards the guy again, Mark walked in front of him and said something to him. Damien looked over at me afterwards, and his eyes turned back to their onyx color. I tried to keep the pain off of my face but it really hurt. Damien walked over to me and both of his hands wrapped around my hurt one. It felt slightly better in his hands since they were so cold. He held my hand as he pushed through the crowd of people that gathered around to see the fight. We walked through the halls silently until we reached a nurse's office. I sat down on one of the beds as Damien sat across from me and started pressing on my hand lightly, probably checking if I broke something. "You didn't break anything, but next time don't just go punch a vampire in the face." Damien said to me and I smiled at the last part. "Well he did touch me, so he deserved it. But thanks for helping me." I said to him. He looked me in the eyes and said, "I'm sorry though. You're my responsibility and I need to look out for you more. My dad is probably going to be pissed though." "It's not your fault though and I think your dad might be happy because we are getting along." I said to him with a smile. He stood up and said, "Yeah, maybe. But come on, let's get out of here." "What about class though?" I asked as I stood up as well. "I don't really want to deal with all the stares right now and we are just gonna get in trouble for starting a fight so let's go." He said to me. I ended up ditching school with Damien after that.We ended up going to a shopping mall. "Why are we here?" I asked him as we got out of his car. "I told you I was going to take you clothes shopping after school. So here we are." Damien told me, then started walking towards the entrance. I followed after him quickly. When we walked into the mall, I was amazed by how big it was. We went inside a few stores, which was pretty much all the same stores they have in the human world. I had a pretty fun time with Damien, which was kinda weird. It was pretty hilarious forcing him to go in Victoria Secret with me. After about three hours of shopping, we arrived back to the house with a car full of shopping bags. I laughed as I held the door open for Damien, who was holding all my bags. I did get a lot of clothes. As I closed the door, I felt a cold little hand grab my hand and as I looked down I saw Raven standing there looking up at me with a smile. "Rose, come play dress up with me!" Raven asked me. I smiled at her and said, "Sure." Raven pulled me upstairs with her and I heard Damien mutter a few curse words as I left him there with my clothes, which caused me to laugh. Raven took me to her room and one words came to my mind when I saw it: pink. Almost everything was pink in her room. Raven went over to a trunk in her room and started pulling out dresses and tutus of all sorts of colors-mostly pink though. She made me wear a pink tutu and she wore a pink princess dress. She put a tiara on my head and put one on herself. It was pretty fun to play with Raven, she was kinda just like a human child. A maid knocked on the and said to us, "Dinner is ready." I've noticed the people that do the cooking and cleaning here are mostly human and a few people at the school had humans with them. So I wasn't completely alone in this situation. I took off the tutu as Raven took my hand and started pulling me downstairs. Xavier smiled as me and Raven came in the dining room. "I'm glad to see you fit so well in my family." Xavier said as I sat down across from Damien. I could see Damien was trying to suppress a laugh as he looked at me. I looked at him weird and put my hand on my face to see if there was something on my face. When my hand touched the top of my head, I felt something on my head and I remembered the tiara. I just rolled my eyes and smiled at him as we started eating dinner.