Chapter fourteen: Fighting

Harry:

   “Oh…Niall…do you really think this is a good idea…?” I mumbled nervously, trying to keep up with Niall’s fast movements on the sidewalk. We were on our way to Louis’ apartment. Niall said I had to talk to him, and honestly, I was scared out of my mind.

I’d come to my conclusion with the whole Taylor issue. I didn’t want to kiss her. I didn’t want to do anything with her. I didn’t want to do anything with any girl. It was perfectly clear now. Sixteen years later, and I’d figured it out.

I did not like girls.

I was gay.

And I was hopelessly, unwillingly, desperately fancying Louis.

“I have no clue,” Niall responded with a small sigh. He was probably tired of walking so fast. He seemed anxious to get to Louis’, and, for some reason, excited. “I don’t believe this is going to end well.”

“O-oh…could you…could you slow down, Niall? Trust me, I’m not in any rush…” I sighed, shoving my hands inside my pockets. What was I going to do when I got to Louis’? Apologize? Even worse – what was he going to do to me?

“Harry, we need to hurry. I told Louis that I was running a quick errand to the store. A quick errand. He doesn’t know you’re coming.”

I furrowed my eyebrows, jogging a bit to match Niall’s footpace. “Why not?”

“Because he would’ve refused to see you if I told him.” Niall glanced at me, a soft smile on his face. “Relax, Harry. Louis is like, four inches shorter than you. And a hell of a lot smaller.”

I shrugged. “Yeah, but…he’s going to be so cross with me!”

“Take it like a man, Haz.”

I gritted my teeth, staring down at the pavement. “Don’t call me that.”

Niall laughed loudly, his breath coming out in a puff of white air due to the coldness. It was freezing outside. Goosebumps covered most of Niall’s arms, him having left his jacket at Louis’ when he first stopped there. I wasn’t much better. “Just explain yourself. Tell him how it’s been for you, with the confusion and whatnot. Hopefully he’ll come through.”

Hopefully.

I nodded, swallowing the lump that had formed in my throat. Niall was the very first person I’d told the minute I’d found out I was gay. I didn’t even tell my mum, much less my sister. He could help me the most. Plus, Niall knew Louis the closest. If anything, he knew what to expect.

Niall walked through the front gates of the apartment complex, but I stayed right in front of it. I was so scared.

“I can’t do this,” I muttered, my voice shaking. “I don’t want to see him mad at me.”

“Come on, Harry. Jeez.” Niall crossed his arms, walking back towards me and grabbing my wrist. “You’re going to do this. You’ll be alright.”

“But Niall, I’ve only just figured this whole thing out. Please!” Niall managed to drag me past the other apartments, regardless of my begging. We neared Louis’ with each step. “Don’t you think I should have a few days to sort out what I need to say? He’s going to hate me when I tell him I’m gay!”

Niall snorted. He was now behind me, shoving me along. “He already hates you. But I’m sure he won’t when all of this is done. Give him a little while. Let the anger die down.”

Niall stopped pushing me once we were standing in front of apartment 103. He wrapped an arm around my shoulder and gave me a squeeze. “You ready, mate?”

Right Where You Want Me (A Larry Stylinson fanfiction)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें