Chapter Twenty-Six

Start from the beginning

"I'm sure things will be soon."

He nodded. "I'll meet you guys downstairs."

"Aww, poor him. I know he's made some mistakes but he always been a pretty nice guy"

"You should talk to her." I suggested as I laced up my shoes.

"I'll try. But Candice is one tough cookie."

"I'm sure you'll get through to her."

<><>

Once I said goodbye to Hailee and left some strict instructions for her and for Sam I made my way to Caine's territory which only took less than an hour. His Beta George met me at the border and led me to their pack house. George was a few years older than most of us. He was also the one that was always serious, well that was until he found his mate Alice last year who had soften him up and had also managed to pull out his more laid back side.

"Do we have any leads?" I asked as I poured me a cup of coffee.

"No, not yet." George answered. "Alpha is out looking for her now out in the city, some of the places surrounded he place of work." In the background I could her the cries of who I assume was April's mother. When we first walked in they were sitting on the couch while her father was consoling her.

Behind Caine desk in his office there was a map of all of their land. "We have wolves searching all around the territory and in the city. " He made sure to point to the area that he was talking about. "There's no way that they have gone from the city."

"They're hiding." I stated.

"But where is the question."

"I'm would assume some place private, you can't have an unconscious girl with you and people not notice."

"Underground?" Mark asked.

"Most likely I would think. How far is the clothing store where she works?"

"About a mile into the city."

"How long before you guys made it there?"

"5-7 minutes at most. "

"These are rogues, they eat whatever they can, and sleep when they can."

"These aren't regular rogues. They're organized, they have a leader, they have also single handily been able to attack all these packs without even been detected. They even have scientist that have created some type of potion to hide their scent. " Mark argued.

"While all that is correct they also are sloppy and uncalculate, each time we've been able to catch few of them and kill them."

"Why does it matter what type of wolves they are?" George asked.

"Because that determines how far they were able to get." I took the pencil from his desk and drew a circle around the area where they could be hiding. "I imagined that they went north, I could be wrong but I would check that area first and then go clockwise. Make sure they check all things that can possible lead underground."

George nodded and mind linked Caine to tell him.

Luna Hailee

Mason hadn't been gone for more than two hours when there was a sighting of the rouges near the borders of our territory. I immediately mind linked Mason to tell him and he said he was on his way back home. Afterwards Jeffery and I went to inform the other packs by phone. While I did that Kate and Judi worked to get all the women and children in pack house basement where they would be put in a secret room until it was safe.