Chapter 11

Persey's (Natalie) POV

"Argh! He's getting on my nerves! He acts like he's my mother. What's wrong with cliff diving?! Why is he scolding at me and lecturing me about getting in danger like what the fuck! I hate him!" It was already night, I was with Ali at the backyard and still angrily ranting about how annoying Bruno acts. Ali was busy on her phone, probably tweeting again.

"Told you. He's being so protective of you," Ali said slowly, emphasizing every word.

"Why the hell? He's not even mother! Ugh!" I cried. "Why does he always make things complicated? I'm totally gonna fake break up with him now!"

"If you do that, you'll end up in jail," Ali mumbled.

"I don't care 'cause I don't know where this plan is going anymore!"

"Well, I know where this is going," she spoke up again and I looked at her with my arms folded across my chest. "Bruno's starting to like you again. Can't you see? He doesn't want you to go cliff diving because he was worried you might hurt yourself or get in an accident. And! He doesn't want you hanging out with other guys especially Lucas because he's J-E-L-O-U-S. He doesn't want any guy getting your attention."

I looked away as I thought about it. Could it be? Is Ali right? Bruno's getting really strange these days. Is he starting to like me? Again?

"You know, you shouldn't have broken up with him in the first place," she said and in my head I was like, Hey, I'm a married woman, FYI. "Believe me. I don't know what you did to him but he was so in love with you. All he talks about was you, and I had never met you before. And isn't it like he gave you the world? He loved you so much. That's why when you left him and he realized that you just used him for money... it was awful! Ugh! One time he even cried to me. You don't know about it and he doesn't tell you that but it's true. He was awful, horrible. He thought he had found himself someone much, much better than Bridgette but it came out to be that you were worse than her," Ali said and I was just there trying to process everything she says. "You're so stupid for living him," she said straight-forward. This girl. She talks like a thirty year old woman.

"But that sadness he felt when he lost me turned into anger," I corrected. "He hates me, doesn't he?"

"Yeah. Pretty much," Ali answered. "But he could've been the best guy you have ever had."

I felt my heart sinking now. "Wrong," I said back. "You forgot. I have my husband," I said in a low voice. "He's the best guy for me," I spitted.

Ali sighed in disappointment, I guess. "Okay. I respect that," she just said.

Bruno's POV

I stayed at the backyard that evening just smoking cigarette while Mom was in the kitchen preparing dinner and Eric and Phil were upstairs watching television. I didn't want to see Natalie after what she did. Why would she go out with his ex-boyfriend without even me knowing? And why is she risking her life cliff diving? Was it just to impress Lucas?