Chapter 25

Persey's (Natalie) POV

"I..." I knew I said something but I wasn't able to hear myself say it when a shot of a gun suddenly sounded making me jerk my shoulders up in surprise. I held my breath and ran towards the huge window thinking the sound came from outside.

Five unfamiliar black vans made their way through the tall gates of the mansion. For a second, I thought the vans were owned by just another bunch of customers who came to have one night stand but it wasn't nine in the evening and the girls weren't ready yet. Already sensing trouble, my eyebrows were pulled together as I looked down from the third floor and watched James' men started running outside to attack the intruders as they parked their cars at the front of the mansion.

"Persey? Persey, are you still there?!" I heard Bruno's voice. I put the phone back to my ear almost forgetting that he was on the line. "What was that?!"

The vans were now surrounded by James' men. But I think they weren't enough to handle whoever the intruders were. I opened my mouth to answer Bruno's question but nothing came out from it as I read what was written on the plate number of one of the black vans. In great horror, I read it aloud, "Evans!" My free hand automatically flew to my opened mouth. I gasped as I realized how bad this was going to be.

"What? Who?" I heard Bruno asked but I couldn't focus on him with everything I was seeing from outside the window. The intruders were too many for James' men to stop from coming in the house. Gradually, James' men were losing to them.

"Persephone! What's happening?!" I can hear Bruno shouting on the phone now but I wasn't minding him.

Then I saw what I didn't want to see. He came out from the van wearing a black suit and holding a fancy cane. His hair was black as ink. His eyes were dark and scary as James'. His Van Dyke beard just made him look scarier and meaner. The thick scar on the side of his forehead shone in the moonlight. William Evans.

He looked around him and smirked as if he was loving what he was seeing.

"PERSEY!" Bruno on the phone was now in great panic.

Then Evans looked up to where my window was. His eyes stopped as he caught sight of me and in fear, I took a step backward from the moonlight that was shining down on me to get out of his sight. I ran away from the window and then yelled on the phone in raging fear. "Bruno!"

"Persey! I'm still here!" he answered.

"Bruno, listen to me," I said, my voice hard but cracking. "Go get James, please! He's in the restaurant where we first met. Tell him to come here immediately please! Don't leave until you make sure he comes here! Please, Bruno!" My voice was shaking. My heart was like a drum that was beating loud and fast.

"I will! I will! Tell me what's happening! Should I call the police?"

I heard footsteps coming from outside the room and screaming, and I felt my stomach twisted. "No! Fuck no!" I screamed as I reached for the door to lock it.

"WHY NOT?! WHAT'S HAPPENING?!"

"JUST GO GET—" I was about to put my hand on the knob and lock it when the door opened and a bald-headed man in his 30's wearing a black shirt and pants with a gun on his right hand barged in. My voice broke into a shriek as he pulled my hair and grabbed the phone from me.

"Going somewhere?" he gritted through his teeth. I saw his golden tooth shone. He threw my phone away and then forced me to look at him. "Don't follow my instructions and you're going to get hurt," he threatened and I groaned as he pulled my hair harder. He dragged me out of the room and there I saw the girls screaming and running out from their rooms as the intruders started barging in making a huge chaos.