"Harry told you about all that?"

"He did indeed." Niall nods, eyebrows raised knowingly.

"Well what did he say?!" Louis presses for more information, voice hushed so their stylists don't hear.

"Oh, nothing much." Niall sings, revelling in Louis' exasperated expression. "Just that he fancies you a bit."

"Fuck off." Louis whines, "He didn't say that."

"Might have been put a bit more eloquently but-"

"Are you fucking with me or did Harry actually tell you he...likes me. Like, likes me likes me,"

Niall laughs, "I feel like I'm twelve again. But seriously, Tommo. He told me about staying round yours and how you talked and how great it was to spend time with you. And he may have mentioned something about how he thinks he might have feelings for you."

It's strangely refreshing to hear Niall talk about it as if it's no big deal. Like he's just talking about it the same way he'd talk about anybody having feelings for Louis. Like it doesn't matter that it's a boy, or that it's Harry.

"I'm only telling you this because I think you need to know." Niall continues, "He's scared shitless, Tommo. Like, he thinks he's readin' you wrong. He doesn't wanna frighten you off."

Louis lets his head loll back against his seat, closing his eyes for a moment. "He's not reading me wrong, Niall."

"Yeah, I know." Niall responds, simple as that. "Go get him I say."

Louis sighs heavily. "I'm workin' on it."

*

They're one of the last acts to arrive on the red carpet, yet the atmosphere is like they're the first. As soon as they step out of the car onto the carpet, a million flashes erupt before them, screams and yells coming from all around. Their handler shuffles them all over to their correct spot, and they line up together in front of a wall of paparazzi. Louis finds himself zoning out as the photographers get their pictures, yelling their names and pointing at places for them to look. Harry's stood one spot away from him, next to Niall. Louis finds himself wondering what would happen if he got in between them and slung an arm over Harry's shoulder in front of all the cameras. What's the worst that could happen? He doesn't get to find out because before he knows it they're being directed over to a group of reporters for interviews. However, chancing his luck, he alters his step so that he ends up stood next to Harry in the interview line up. Harry looks at him, a look of surprise on his face before it changes to a smile.

"Alright this is for E! boys, it's live so watch what you say and don't swear." Their handler addresses them before waving the camera crew over, giving Louis an extra look of warning. Oh, fuck off. Louis thinks.

The interview starts and Louis listens to the rest of the boys take the lead in the mindless chatter, how excited they are to be here, that they're so happy to be nominated, how grateful they are. He tunes in again though when the interviewer asks, "So there's a big tour starting in July, what can we expect from you? What does the future hold?"

And shit, isn't that a question. Louis tends to think about things only as they occur in the present, he's had to to be able to survive the fast paced lifestyle of the band. Thinking about months or even years ahead is a foreign concept and it's fucking terrifying.What does the future hold? How is he possibly going to handle everything thats been going on in his mind these past few weeks for therest of his life. It's not going to go away. He's not going to wake up one morning and be the heterosexual poster boy he's been sold as for most of his adult life.