Four Years Ago... Maya's POV

I feel extremely guilty. Did I just betray Riley, the most important person to me in the world? No. Wait, yes. Ugh, why don't you find out for yourselves.
-------------------------------------------
12 Minutes Ago....

"Don't you think if I had feelings for you I would just go out and say it? Well I don't, so what I do say is HE-HER..."

Lucas cupped my small face in his large, warm hands. What is he doing? His thumb strokes my face and I see his eyes trace down to my lips. His lips get closer and closer to mine but at last second, he pulls away.

"Why did you do that?" I asked in a fearful yet sure voice. The rest of the night was a blur but all I could remember was that almost kiss. It was like when a movie has two parts and it leaves you on the best part, but then you have to wait a year to find out what happens. It was magical yet tragical.

It left me on the edge of my seat wanting, needing more. But that was an almost kiss. And nobody has made me feel that way since...well. Josh.

---------------------------------------------
4 Years Later.....(present time)
Maya's POV

Today is finally the day me and my best friend Riley finally enter college. The big kid playground. The major league. The Cornucopia of boys and homework, if you will. At first, I was positive I wanted to be an artist, and technically I still do. I discovered singing soon after Texas and have been booking gigs and singing about every place I can.

"MAYA, PEACHES WE ARE GOING TO COLLEGE!!" I hear Riley yell at me.

"I know honey. Let me guess, your just a tad bit excited?" I say sarcastically. I love that I can be myself 24/7around her.

"C'mon Maya! If we are going to college we need to leave right now!" Riley tells me as she walks out the door.

I walk out of her room and mentally say goodbye to our legendary Bay Window. Well college is gonna be fun, right?
---------------------------------------------------
At NYU
Riley's POV

I'm going to college. I am ecstatic right now. After realizing how dramatic and confusing life can be, I made a journal. In this journal lie 4 years of my own feelings, secrets, and lessons. This inspired me to become a journalist. And I couldn't be happier.

We just talk and listen to the radio on the way there. We see a nice looking girl who says,"Hi! Im Skylar. Welcome to NYU! Let me see your ID's. Okay, you are dorm number 2116. Have a great year!" She says perkily. We head to our dorm eager to start college.

On the outside of our door is a poster that's says,'Everybody who lives in Goddard Hall is welcome to an opening college party.'

I suddenly feel nervous. Maya's the party girl, not me. I get nervous around new people and ever since Lucas moved back to Texas, I've been nervous around guys too.

"Sweet! Riles we HAVE to go! It'll be super fun and we can make a bunch of new friends!" She exclaimed excitedly. Ugh she looks so happy. I would do anything to make her happy. I guess anything includes this party.

"Yeah, sure. Why not? It'll be fun." I try to sound confident but I just sound confused. Which I am, by the way. Well it's just one party right? What could possibly go wrong?
__________________________________

HEY GUYS😘👍IM BACK and I hope you enjoyed my first chapter. My chapters will usually be longer and wayyyy more interesting but I just wanted to get them to college. AND WHO ELSE HAS LUCUYA FEELS FROM GIRL MEETS TEXAS? Anyway, do you think the party will go well? Pls comment!! Love u💋💌