Chapter One: Auditions

(A/N: X Factor Chapters Will Be In Italics :P)

Chapter one: Auditions

A groan escaped my lips as I heard my alarm on my phone going off. My eyes opened and I sat up, groggily, before rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. It was the day that my sister and our band will be auditioning for the X Factor the the hope that we'll get through and, somehow, get to the live shows, even though there is bootcamp and Judges Houses in between. I was nervous because I would be playing guitar for the audition and I was worried that we'd be asked to sing another song to see if I could actually sing without my guitar- which I was told I could do.

So, I pulled myself out of bed and checked the time to see that it was quarter to four in the morning. I rolled my eyes as I heard Alyssa bumping around in her room- which was next door to mine. We were quite a large family, I guess. We had our mother and father- Natalie and James. Our mother was a beautiful, tall (5'8 and a half), slim woman with bobbed, dark brown, wavy hair and hazel eyes. Our father was a tall (5'9 and a half), slim man with dark brown hair- that was pushed back in a kind of short quiff type of thing- and dark brown eyes. Our mother was forty four and our father was forty six.

We then had our two older siblings. A twenty three year old brother called Christian. He had dark brown eyes- like myself and our father- and dark brown, messily wavy hair. He was tall (being 5'9 and a half) and he was slim. Then we had our twenty two year old sister called Emily. She had hazel eyes- like our mother and Alyssa- and she had dark brown, wavy, shoulder length hair- that sat on her shoulders. She was quite tall, being 5'8, and she was slim too. Christian was married to a girl called Alice and was expecting his first child while Emily was engaged to a guy called Will.

Then, we had our youngest sibling. We had a fifteen year old sister called Meghan. She wasn't the tallest, being 5'4, but she certainly wasn't the shortest person we had seen. She had, quite, long, straight brown hair- which ended around the middle of her ribcage- and she had dark brown eyes as well. She was slim as well. All of us in our family looked more like our mother except we had our fathers nose and a similar facial shape to him. You could tell we were all siblings and you could tell that we looked like both of our parents.

Alyssa and I were both 5'6- he being the slightest bit taller than me but it wasn't obvious- and we were both slim. Everyone always gushed about how it was cute that we were twins and were identical because we could trick people. However, we both saw issues with that. I had medium length hair- that was 2 inches past my shoulder- and Alyssa had bra strap length hair when she curled it. Plus, her eyes were hazel so people would be able to tell we were different people. Well, if they were observant.

My eyes scanned through my drawers, trying to find a nice outfit to wear to the auditions. Eventually, I settled on a black crop top- which wasn't floaty, it was quite tight- a pair of high waisted, denim shorts, a flannel and a pair of black Vans. After that, I wandered into the bathroom- where Alyssa was already putting on her make-up. I had washed my hair the night before so it wasn't greasy but I put some dry hair shampoo in it before making it look not frizzy by using anti-frizz stuff. I then washed myself (washing my face and brushing my teeth), applied make-up- that looked natural- and made sure I looked decent.

"You look fine, Lex," Alyssa told me. I sent her a smile before wandering back into my room, shoving a make-up bag, my Samsung Galaxy phone and a couple of other necessities into my bag and grabbed my guitar. I made my way downstairs and put my things by the door before entering the kitchen- where my mother, father and younger sister were. Meghan looked like she was about to fall asleep so I nudged her and handed her an energy drink. She smiled at me, gratefully, before carrying on to eat her toast. I, simply, grabbed an apple and a cereal bar and ate them for my breakfast.