Chapter Seventeen

My heart skipped a beat. I couldn't control my self. I wanted to scream. Please let all this be a dream. I pleaded thoughtfully. My hands won't stop shaking, tears just keep on running down continuously. I quickly putted the files in the bag and placed in my drawer with lockers. I run down the stairs and grandpa had already left. I made my way to the door and went out. I had no idea where I was going but I just sprinted. I went into an empty bus and sat at the corner end. I tried to digest everything. I thought for a while. What is it that I should do? The right thing or protect my family? I found myself stuck between those two.

I came back home wiping all my tears like nothing had happened. I went straight to my bedroom and lied on my bed. "Amy dinner is ready hurry up and come." Dad called out. I went down to the dinning room. I actually had no appetite but I managed to feed myself a little. "Honey something wrong?" Dad inquired with a concerned face. "Oh umm no nothing I mean I'm okay." I stuttered. I managed to fake a smile. I took in a few bites and went back to bed. I tucked in my head into the cover sheet and started thinking what I should do.

I went downstairs holding onto the files. I thought last night and I think the best thing to do is to tell dad. Maybe he will help. I run downstairs and found him making coffee. "Hey Sweetheart." He smiled. "Hey dad umm can I talk to you for a minute." I asked. "Sure hon what is it?" He asked making his way towards me. I handed him the papers and waited until he looked through it. I could see his facial expression changing. It was sort of a shocked look. He then looked at me. "Where did you get this? Huh?" His voice changed and I could see how serious he was. "Umm dad remember Mrs Brooklyn? Mr Gillingham here happens to be her son..." I kept on explaining everything I knew. I guess dad had no idea about all this or maybe he's startled that I knew all about this. I couldn't figure out which one.

I told him everything and before I was done his eyes took off somewhere else. I followed and turned back to see what he was looking at. My heart stopped. Gosh it was...