Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine.

I woke up and I was surprised to find myself in a unusual setting. I tried to sit straight but then Dany had rested on my head as my head had rested on his shoulder. When I slowly tried to move my hand I felt a sudden grip, Dany had held onto my hand tightly. It was already morning and I know have gotten over what has happened yesterday. This whole thing is a mess no one had tried to solve it. Dany woke up and sat down straight. Shoot I would have loved it if you had stayed longer. "Good Morning." "Hey, oh oh... my neck hurts." "Why you okay is it serious?" I asked. "Naaa I'll be fine. I guess I had a bad sleeping position. I guess we better get home." "Yeah". I agreed but Dany was looking at me as if he wanted to say something later did I realise that I was still holding onto his hand while he had already let go. I let go of his hand quickly and he flashed his smile as he went to the front seat.

"Darn it. That was so embarrassing. But then I wasn't the one who held his hand in the first place it was him. He so got the wrong idea. Actually it's not a wrong idea but I just made it so obvious that I like him. Shoot." "Huh???" Dany said in a confused look. I was actually saying the words and it was loud that Dany was able to hear. "Shoot!" I complained. Dany looked at me from the front mirror and laughed quitely while shaking his head.

We reached home and went in straight. I couldn't see Brooklyn anywhere. I went straight to her room and found her staring at the mirror. I run to her calling "Nanaaaa!" and gave her a big hug. She held onto me so tightly. "Sorry Nana I really am I was so..." "Hush there. Its okay I understand I shouldn't have said anything I bet I had scared you huh? Lets not talk about it okay. I'm so sorry dear. I really am." We held onto one another so long that we didn't notice that Dany was standing there. "Hey she's my grandma get off its my turn now." Dany said with a gruffly sound jokingly. We all laughed at it. "Oh right, oh right come here pumkin." I burst into laughter when she said that. "Nana I told you not to call me that. All my friends thought that I was a 'Nana's boy' when I was in highschool 'senior year'." Brooklyn and I burst into tears from laughing so hard.

We all gathered up to eat breakfast. "So Amy are you gonna leave?" Dany asked. I turned to Brooklyn and asked, "Can I stay here for a while you know I need to assort things." "Dear you know that I would love it if you live here right? So why not but I think you shouldn't stay too long imagine how worried your dad must be."

I was glad that she didn't send me off. I followed Dany to work. We had lunch together and we headed back home after we were done with the rest of the work we had to do. The next day Dany had to see Brooklyn's niece so I stayed at home. I went to the garden where Brooklyn was. I lent her a hand picking all the weeds and stuff. She went into the kitchen and brought me cold refreshing apple juice. We sat down on the swing chair and gulped down.

"Nana about my mother umm...?" You want to know what happened don't you? I will tell you if that's what you want but no good thing would come out of it." Then she started. "When Gilly heard what had happened to Leslie he was so furious. He went to your grandpa and said he would report him to the police. But Mr McCartney warned him that if a word gets out he will definitely mess with Malvern and Dany." Gillingham was shocked by that he hadn't said anything to me. He saw me crying in my room everytime he sees me. Whenever I see Gilly I am reminded of my poor Leslie."