Chapter 3: Cyclopses are Idiots

My second though was I am an idiot. And I probably was, considering I just accepted that there are talking bird-lions in the world, and am now charging a Cyclops. That, or mentally insane. Or both. "For whatever country this is!" I yelled. I ran up to the Cyclops, waved at it, and said "Hi, I believe I have a dying friend over there, and I need that little potion thing you have there! You'll need it yourself, though." I jammed the arrow in to the Cyclops's knee, and it roared in pain. It brought a hand down to grab me, and I rolled aside and grabbed a sword from a fallen centaur.

 I slashed it across the Cyclops's hand, and it pulled it's hand back. I brought it down on the Cyclops's foot, and it tried to grab me again, and succeeded. It had a giant ax across it's back, and it lifted it up. You might think that I was brave, but truth be told, I was terrified. The sword was trapped between me and it's crushing palm, I couldn't get it out to slash. In other words, I was doomed. Then it dropped me and roared. Then I remembered. The arrow! I had created a plan, and hadn't known it! Jab the arrow into the Cyclops's knee, then when it takes out the potion to cure it, grab the cure and run off!

  I fell onto the tough ground and felt a warm liquid run down the side of my head, and everything turned blurry. But I could make out the Cyclops fumbling for the cure. I used the rest of the strength I had and leaped upward, ripping it from the Cyclops's hand and landing hard. It almost knocked me unconscious. And yet I managed to limp up the hill to the griffin, and fall to my knees, pouring almost the whole thing on his wing, and falling unconscious. I'll let Duncan narrate for now.