Superman tried to move towards Aquaman, but the Kryptonite ray Desmond shot at him was still lingering in his body.
"Arthur!!" Superman yelled to Aquaman. "Desmond did something to her!! She's hallucinating!!"

Wonder Woman tore her sword from it's sheath and threw it down near Aquaman's head, but his hands threw themselves up and caught her wrists, putting the two heroes into a deadly battle of strength.

"What..." Aquaman grunted. "What do I do?!"

Superman lifted himself up onto his arms.

"You need to knock her unconscious as fast as you can! If you don't, her heart is going to give way!!"

Aquaman looked at Superman with shock and then turned to face Wonder Woman, who was still bearing down with her sword.

"Sorry, Diana..." Aquaman said to her. "This might hurt a bit..."

He threw his hands up, knocking the sword out of Wonder Woman's hands and slammed his knee into her stomach before grabbing her by her neck and spinning around like a hammer throw.

She rolled in the air like a limp doll, but landed on her feet, skidding back with her nails dug into the cobblestones.

Aquaman wasted no time charging at her, exchanging several blows with her before she locked her leg around his neck and threw him over her shoulders, straight at Desmond's body.

Aquaman managed to stop in mid-air and regain his balance just before his heel hit Desmond's head, the tips of his boots getting stained with blood.

He panted and looked at the enraged Wonder Woman, who was staggering slightly, her body wracked with exhaustion.

This was bad! If Wonder Woman wasn't stopped now, she would go into cardiac arrest!

"I will stop you, Diana!" he yelled at her.

"No you won't..." a voice said behind him.

Aquaman gasped and spun around quickly, but was too late to stop the blade that sliced through his Achilles tendon.

Aquaman screamed in pain and fell to one knee, seeing something he barely believed.

Desmond was still alive!!

"Desmond?!" Aquaman exclaimed. "But how?! I killed you!!"

Desmond smiled, blood dripping from his lips as he slowly got to his feet.

"Oh no, you did kill me, you merciless prick..." Desmond scoffed. "Skewered me like a piece of meat!"

He reached for the top half of his costume and tore it off, revealing his bare chest.

Aquaman could barely believe what he saw. Desmond's wound was gone!

"But how?!" Aquaman exclaimed. "You were bleeding to death! You didn't have healing powers before your death! There's no way-"

"All those tactics of yours, Aquaman..." Desmond laughed. "And you forgot the ONE thing you should always avoid when fighting a mimic: physical contact..."

Aquaman looked at him with confusion, but suddenly remembered when he kicked Desmond.

"When you grabbed my foot!!"

Desmond smiled.

"Surprised? And thanks to the water you splashed around the place, I was able to use YOUR healing powers and get patched up quicker..."

Aquaman grunted in rage. How could he have been so foolish?! Of course Desmond would have had a plan like this!
Wonder Woman still stood there, assessing the situation. But when she locked eyes with Desmond, she leapt at him with an angry scream.