Chapter 21

As promised..

THIS SHALL BE GOOD YES.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We were outside the castle, the guards were also there. All of them bowing to Tara and me as we walked inside the castle. I bowed too, and Tara did the same.

"O-kay! Now that we're here.. we're gonna talk to pops.." She grinned.

"Please, don't say it like that.." I said.

"Well, let's go." She said while grabbing my hand and leading me somewhere.

"..."

I'm going to have some chat with the Lord..

The doors opened, me and Tara were heading to the throne room. As we walk, I saw the beautiful insides of the castle, the decorations, paintings, statues, everything.

Lukedonia is truly amazing. Everything here is admirable.

We finally arrived at the throne room. The Lord was there, just enjoying the atmosphere. He was surprised when he looked at us, especially me.

"Oh..?"

We bowed at the Lord.

"Zara, did Tara bring you here?" He asked.

"Yes."

Tara stood up and looked at the Lord.

"Father, I brought her here to have some fun together. She will leave tomorrow morning, so I want her to at least have some fun before she left." She said.

"Is that so? How nice of you, Tara." The Lord looked at Tara and smiled.

"I will leave you here with her then. You said that you wanted to talk with her, right?"

"That's true. Very well, you can take your leave." The Lord replied.

"Yes, father." Tara bowed and left the room. It's just the two of us now.

"Zara, I'm pleased that you're here now.."

"My Lord, what is it that you want to discuss?" I asked him.

"About that, I just wanted to say that I am happy that you accepted Gray as your guardian.."

What? How did the conversation turned out like this?

"..and I hope you also take care of him like he did for you.."

What is this..?!

"..you know, he might turn into an idiot in some situations. That boy, although I'm not his real father and Tara is not his real sister, he still love his present family."

"..."

So it is true after all.

"Heh, you're speechless.. you remind me so much of Warren.." he said.

Father? Me?
Well..
he is my father after all.

I smiled brightly. I've never heard those words before..

"Your smile.. it's just as beautiful as Dana's.."

Mother too?

"Oh, I really want to meet your little sister! I want to see how she resembles her beloved parents."

I can't help but keep being touched by his words, my father was his best friend, and my mother is the one that he cared for. And now, he cares about all my family..

"..Warren and I were like inseparable buddies back then, though we always fight. We have lots of things in common. Warren is like a brother to me.." Tears appeared on his eyes. It slowly flows down..

I can't believe this, the same thing is happening to me.

Father..

"I.. would like to hear more.." I said quietly but loud enough for him to hear.

"..Alright then, one day in the human world, we met a beautiful human that appears to be the same age as us. We competed to steal her heart, and I lost.. Warren is the one that she chose instead.."

Mother..

"..I got to be the Lord after my father passed away. I met Tara's mother, and I was really sad that she passed away not long after. And years later, I found Gray.. He was-"

"Excuse me, father. I am sorry to disturb, but I'm afraid Zara will have to go with me now." Tara said as she bowed.

"Ah, don't worry about it. You may go." The Lord smiled and waved at me as I leave.

I smiled back.
After that I turned my head back and kept walking the corridors with Tara.

"So,
What did you and pops talk about?" She asked curiously. I was not looking at her, I kept my head down for some reason.

"Hey~ Zara!" She called my name out loud, I quickly turned my head to her and confusedly asked, "Wha- what is it!?"

Her smiling face disappeared and turned into a shocked face as she saw me.

"Zara, y-you're crying!"

Huh?

I touched my cheeks and feel something wet. I just noticed that I am crying, probably touched by the Lord's words.

"W-what happened?! Seriously, what did you and pops talk about?!" She's worried about me.

I can't help but smile at her.

"The Lord, he told me about my family. About how he ended up being a Lord, how he felt about my family.." I answered slowly.

".. He cared so much about my family.." I added.

A sigh escaped from Tara's mouth.

"That's my pops for you. He's a badass father." She said happily.

I smiled at her words. It was true though. The Lord is pretty badass

and weird for some reason.

We smiled at each other and continue walking down the corridors.

---------------------------------------------------------CHAPTER 21 END--------------------------------------------------------------

It's been a month.

IT'S BECAUSE OF SCHOOL GODDAMMIT.

GAH. I'll make it up to you.

I've prepared a filler! And it'll take place in the human world, which is Gray's story.

I'm really excited about this, yay.

THANKS FOR READING!!
Mwa~❤

CHAPTER STATUS: Unedited