Chapter 18

~Will~

We arrived at the cave. I helped Rachel out and then went back for Emma. She was very wobbly. I can't believe she's a mermaid now.

I put her arm around my shoulder and helped her into the cave. Rachel and Maureen were already there.

Emma sat down and hugged her knees to her chest, starring at the water.

"Emma? You ok?" I asked sitting next to her

She nodded slowly "This might be strange but I really want to go into the water.

I exchanged looks with Rachel, but Emma noticed.

"What?"

"How much do you remember Emma?" I asked

"Just that one of the doctors stabbed me with a syringe and I felt woozy." she looked at Rachel "Then I saw Will carrying you so I got the door open and I saw her" she pointed to Maureen "with a boat then my legs gave out and nothing....."

"Do you know about a mermaid's tear?" asked Rachel

Emma shook her head.

"It can heal any wound." said Rachel, she looked at Emma "You were poisoned by Silk Weed. It's incredibly dangerous to mermaids. It won't kill us but it will harm us badly, but to humans it's deadly. It will kill a human in seconds."

"Then-wait.....so you healed me with your magic tear?" Emma asked coking her head to the side

"Kinda. Since Silk Weed is so harmful to mermaids we can't heal it completely. I've heard stories were a mermaid would save a human from Silk Weed, but there's a price." she looked at me then back to Emma "The human will become a mermaid. She can't mate with any human or she will kill them since there's still Silk Weed in her blood."

Emma looked at me then to Maureen, then back to Rachel "I'm a mermaid?"

We all nodded slowly.

Emma looked at the rocks and ran her fingers along the smooth surface of one of them. Suddenly she started laughing.

"What's so funny?" I asked

She giggled a little "I'm a mermaid? Yea ok."

Rachel sighed and looked at me "Told you she wouldn't take it well."

I smiled and thought of a crazy idea "Get up come on."

I pulled the still laughing Emma up then turned toward the mermaids "Meet me outside."

They nodded and dove under. I walked Emma out and we walked along the sand till we found the edge of the tides that were pulling in and then pushing out.

I spotted Rachel and Maureen out a little farther ahead.

I pulled Emma along with me through the tides. Suddenly she couldn't move her feet because they cemented together. I picked her up bridal style and ran toward the ocean.

I set her down in the water and she watched in aw as her legs turned purple. Her feet grew into a fin and scales formed around her hips and down.

When she was done she had a purple tail. She looked up at me her now deep blue eyes were filled with horror.

"What happened to me?" she asked me starring at her tail

"Don't worry they're going to teach you about what you are." I said and smiled

She looked down and quickly covered her chest which was bare, but her hair was covering the important parts, but that didn't help her from turning beet red.

I laughed "Don't worry I didn't see anything."

She stuck her tongue out at me. I leaned down and hugged her.

"Bye Emma see you tomorrow." I smiled

"You're leaving?" she asked frowning

"I have school." I shrugged

She pressed her lips together "Oh well at least I don't have to go there anymore."

I chuckled "Lucky."

She attempted to swim toward Rachel "Bye." she waved to me

I waved back. I hope she gets being a mermaid down. Rachel and I still need to figure out what we are going to do about the deadline. Wait I have an idea......

~Rachel~

"Come on Emma. We need to get you anointed by her majesty

I pulled Emma along with me to the grand cave. I wasn't big on seeing the queen since I didn't know what Will and I were going to do about the deadline. I shrugged I'll make something up.

We entered the underwater cave and swam up the hall to where her majesty sits.

I bowed low and motioned Emma to do the same. She did.

The queen smiled softly "Rachel how are you?"

"If what your asking about me matting with my human. I have not, but I have great news." I smiled and looked at Emma

Emma swam forward "Hello your majesty. I'm a new mermaid I guess you could say."

"How?"

"Silk Weed." I answered "She was poisoned I healed her and I guess the stories are true. If you cure a human from Silk Weed then she turns into a mermaid."

The queen smiled and nodded "So my child, what is your name?"

"Emma."

She nodded and placed her hand on Emma's neck "i accipias tibi." she whispered

Suddenly Emma began to glow. Her whole body began to shine. Then just like that it dimmed down.

"Thank you. You both may go. Rachel. Remember you have only 28 days left."

I nodded and swam out of there.