Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Back Together

The next day at school, Matt isn't waiting by my locker. I thought he wasn't there today, and I start smiling.

"What are you smiling for, b**ch?" Damn it. His fist meets my face and the back of my head slams into my locker. He starts laughing like the whole thing is funny.

"Please..."

"YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU BEG FOR MERCY!" I do know what happens. And I'm starting to regret it. He pulls me by the hair, sprinting to make sure I can't keep up and I'm in pain. Once we're outside he pushes me down to the floor. He punches my face so many times, I lost count. Then he pulls me p by my hair and slaps me. Then takes the back of my neck and slams my face into the ground. I scream so loud at that.

"Shut. The. F**k. Up." He tells me. But it's too late, I hear foot steps.

"What do you think you're doing?" Thank The Lord for Jessi's timing.

"Would you like to join her?" Matt asks, smiling to every word.

"Actually, I would." She says, and he approaches her.

"Don't Jessi. Please" I manage through the pain.

"Too late." Says Matt. But before he could touch her, her fist meets his face. Then she kicks him where the sun doesn't shine. Pretty soon, he is the one on the floor in pain. She leaves after that. "Into my ca..." He can't finish. But I listen to him. He drives me to his home and cleans me up. He doesn't say any mean words after. Just points to the door and I leave his house.

When I get home, Jessi is waiting by my door. "Thank God." She says and hugs me tight. "Are you okay." Tears spill out of her eyes.

"Please don't cry. I'm fine." I say.

"You can't be fine. He really hurts you. Why do you let him?"

"What can I do?" I ask.

"Tell a trusted adult." She says.

"Well, I don't know any. Lets just forget about tod-"

"Forget? How could I forget? I see the whole thing every time I close my eyes." She tells me.

"I can't do anything." I say. "I'm sorry."

"Then from now on, I'm staying by your side at school." She tells me.

"I'm okay with that." I say.

"And I'm sorry about yesterday." She says very quietly.

"So am I." I say and we hug.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 comments and I'll post the next chapter

I just wrote chapter 7 and its great, if I do say so myself. We have 24 reads I'm sure 5 of you can post a one word comment :)