Chapter 26- The Raid

COPYRIGHT 2013

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

CHAPTER 26- THE RAID

Two heads were bent over me. I screamed, scrambling back. I was physically shaking, and I felt so tired. 

"Shh, it's me. It's Percy." Percy? Who was Percy? I couldn't remember. I couldn't remember anything.

'Cass! Come quick! Grab a sword your gonna need it!' Tiki's worried voice sliced right through the confusion in my head, and I remembered everything.

"Sorry, I... I saw Caron." Coric looked shocked.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. We talked when I was 12, but she made me forget that conversation. She says hello. My dragon just said I need a sword. Caron also said you have Kavos' sword. Can I have it please?" I half asked, half ordered. Coric went scurrying away.

"Cass. What's up with you?"

"Percy, you barely know me."

"I know you very well. Your parents and mine were very good friends we used to play together as a child. So don't you dare pull that one on me." My mouth opened and shut. How...? 

But before I could even start asking one of the millions of questions flying around my head, Coric came sprinting back with a bundle of cloth.

He shoved it in my hands, and whispered something fearfully to Percy.

"A raid?!" Coric nodded his head furiously. I unwrapped the bundle, and gasped.

Lying in the folds of the cloth was Kavos' sword.

It was just as I had last seen it, on my last combat lesson.

I'm fourteen years old, lunging with the sword in my hand, the K.G.T initials glinting in the sunlight.

"Where did you... get this sword from?" I panted.

"It was a gift from King Aren."

"Cass, not the time to go in that weird trance. There's a raid." At that moment, I heard pounding footsteps outside of the blacksmith's shop.

I ran out of the door to see huge, menacing bodies marching up the street. I saw their cattle-like skin stretched over muscular arms. I saw their huge curling horns on the sides of their heads, and their black eyes.

"CREEPERS!" A terrified voice screamed behind me.

"He from Home." 

"Yes, but he's a bad man, Cass. He's a Creeper."

My thoughts were a whirlpool. 

"He from Home." 

"Yes, but he's a bad man, Cass. He's a Creeper."

I had to face a Creeper again. But this time, there was no Kavos to save me if it all goes wrong. 

I grabbed my sword, and ran at the Creeper army, my need for sleep forgotten. I ruthlessly hacked down the Creepers. One after the other. Because they were in Coria, they didn't explode into ash, they just fell to the ground and choked out their last breathe.

I heard a roar of anger, and I knew Riki and Tiki would be aiding me in my revenge. The first fire I have seen from them erupted from Riki and Tiki's mouths, sending the Creepers running in all directions. I felt a fierce pleasure at their helpless pleas. 

But they never for one second gave my mother or father or Caron or Kavos any mercy, so why should I?

I'm 3 years old. A strange women comes over to me. 

"Come on Cassy, your coming to live with me and Kavos now. That's a good girl."

"Why?" I squealed, "Where's Mama and Papa?" 

"They have been involved in an accident. You'll see them again I'm sure of it." I clasped Caron's out stretched hand, and followed her out of my home.

I cut a Creepers head off, seeing it bounce away under my blade.

I'm 14 years old. 

Caron screams out, as she is mutated by the Creepers.

"DON'T LOOK AT ME CASS!"

I tear my gaze away from her tear streaked face.

I feel rough hands force my head back. I squeeze my eyes close.

"Imagine dragons Cassy, then anything is possible..." Caron is dead.

My sword plunges through another chest.

"Run Cassy! Find your dragons, find Coria..."

Kavos' breath rattled in his throat.

I look around. I see the street littered with bodies I am at the centre of it.

Tears fall down my face.

'What is wrong with me?'

'They killed your parents and your guardians, Cassy, it's understandable.' Riki does his best to sooth me.

"Cass..." My head snaps up. I'm staring straight at Kavos. He gathers me in his arms.

"Kavos?! Is it you?" 

"No. Caron created my apparition, she knew how devastated you would be. Just remember this, do not just give out justice, receive it too. Tell our daughter we love her... We love you..." 

"NO! DON'T GO!" I scream, my heart breaking as I fall to the ground.

*******

What did ya think about that chapter?

I'm sorry to say this, but The Dragons of Coria is coming to a close...

But, some of you may now, this book is the adjoining book to another Corian book. That one is about Sam and Sarah, and their battle against Karoth.

At the moment I'm debating whether to post it or not... If this one is gets even more reads I may post it... No promises though ;)

Next chapter after 25 reads!

Have a nice day/morning/afternoon/evening ;)