Chapter 11- When Tiki Hatched

'Cassy? What's wrong?' Riki asked me gently, as we came to a halt from hours of flying. We had had to fly up so we looked like a bird. A big bird. The lack of oxygen made us tired and weak, so whenever there were clouds, we dipped down and finally we could gulp down the air. I slumped of him, and lay in his paws, looking up in Riki's eyes. My thighs screamed in agony, and when I looked down, Riki's scales had rubbed my skin raw.

'Riki, you know what's wrong.' I told him wearily. I had hardened my self ever since that day, forming an armour around myself. Protection, 'Where are we going Riki?' I felt RIki's emotions across our mental link. Fear, worry, anger. But he tried to liven up.

'My little draguard, we are going home.' My gaze snapped to Riki's eyes, and I felt a grin slap itself across my lips. I saw a humour in RIki's eyes.

"Your not kidding!" I screamed aloud, throwing my arms around my dragon, and then, through Telepathy, I asked him, 'Where's Tiki? I mean, the egg?' Riki looked at me curiously and then arched his neck. He seemed to be retching, like a cat coughing up a fur ball. I patted his shoulder, trying to soothe him.

He brought his jaws close to the ground, I looked down, and there was the egg, lying in a sticky pool of... Something. Tiki. My dragon. The egg was safe and unharmed.

'Where was he?' I asked, looking down at the egg.

'He was in my Fire Stomach. No! There's no need to panic, dragons breathe fire, their used to the warmth, Mothers will put their dragons in their Stomachs, if they need to travel.'

'No, he's not OK! There's a crack running down the side of the egg!' I yelled, worry gripping me with cold teeth, 'You could have cooked him!' Riki looked briefly concerned, and then started to laugh.

'He's hatching!' I felt my mind being tugged from his body again.

We went back to our Division. The ivy green section was now fizzing and crackling.

'Take me back, Riki, I don't want to miss it!' I smiled. I opened my eyes, and looked down at Tiki, my eyes intensely locked onto his egg.

By the time my patience was wearing thin, I jumped high in the air. Another crack appeared , down the side of the egg, and then another, and another.

Tiki was hatching.

--------

Half an hour later, an eggshell flake off. I felt mine and Riki's anticipation grow. more and more shell flaked away. Suddenly, the egg exploded, shattering into a million pieces. The dragon shot out of the egg.

And he just lay where he fell. A tiny crumbled heap.

But he didn't get up.

******

This wasn't the best chapter, guys, but oh well :) please follow, vote and comment!

See ya, my readers ;)