Chapter 7- Blessing, or Curse?

'Bla bla bla' telepathic convo ;)

********.

COPYRIGHT 2013

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

CHAPTER 7- BLESSING OR CURSE?

CRACK! 

I was swept right out of my nightmares, by a long awaited sound.  

I sat up quickly, and looked down at the eggs I had curled around.  

The night before, instinct had made me pick up the eggs and put them on the floor.  

The dark green egg was hatching.

CRACK!

A war raged inside of me.  

A turmoil of fear, excitement and the strange feeling that I was coming home... 

But I panicked. 

"No! Don't come out! He'll take you away! No, no!" I whimpered. Feeling useless as a piece of shell fell away. A small snout poked out. I covered the hole with my hand, not thinking straight, after Karoth has been drugging my food and water.

My hand was burnt. I yelped and jumped, kicking the eggs over so that they skittered across the floor and the cracked one smashed. 

A tiny dragon tumbled out, and lay still on the floor. 

Then he lifted his head up and shook it. He staggered up, and dazedly padded over to me, curling up on my lap.  

I looked down at him, a reluctant look of wonder creeping onto my face. The dragon was already sleeping, his little face peaceful. I watched his tiny form, when all of a sudden, his eye snapped open.  

'They are coming.' His bell-like voice echoed in my head. I jumped and had to bite back a yell of fear.  

"You spoke!" I cried out. He looked at me oddly.

'Obviously. Think what you want to say, I can hear you better then.'

'Who is it?!' I asked, panic swelling in my chest.  

The dragon looked up at me with a knowing glint in his almond eyes.  

'All you need to know is this, Prilla.' I winced as he called me my hate-inducing middle name, as is tradition in Coria.  

'Fine, Cassy! All you need to know is we will all be together again. They are going to poke me and prod me and use me like a lab rat, but they cannot break me. I will honour you and my brother and keep your secret safe.' 

'Er... What?' He let out a long whistling sigh, and gave me an affectionate head butt.  

'You don't even know yourself.' He stated, making a snarling noise that seemed caught in the back of his throat, I thought he was angry. But I realised he was laughing. Uncontrollably.  

The metal door swung open, and a troop of Guards came in and the dragon was forced out of my lap. I screamed in pain. Because it really did hurt. It felt like some one was ripping my arm off. The door swung shut, and I lay in the cell, wracked with sobs. It was like someone had taken away your child.

----------

I woke up, not sure if it was morning, curled around the ivy egg.  

I need him to hatch. To fill this gaping wound in my heart.  

But I dreaded the time he would reveal himself.  

'Cassy? Caaaaasssssss!' A familiar voice called, childishly drawing out my name.  

'Dragon?!' I heard a mental sniff of annoyance, 

'It's Riki. Reeekeee.' I felt a huge smile return to my lips. 

'Sorry buddy. Are you okay?!' I demanded, my concern spilling out on the mental link me and the dragon share.  

'Yeah. Nothing Karoth is doing will make me tell.'  

'Tell what?' 

'That your a draguard.' He said casually, enjoying me being in the dark.  

'A what?' 

'A dragaurd.' 

'Erm, explain?' 

'A draguard is the rest if the dragon's soul. This means we are virtually the same person, but different gender and different body. This means we feel each others pain, and we have a mental link, obviously, but, when I develop my gifts, so do you.' 

'Gifts?' I hugged the egg closer to me and traced it's patterns with my finger.  

'Yeah, with my fire, you can bend it to your will... And then there's two you'll get, invisibility, and if you touch me, I will turn me invisible too,' I got the feeling of his smile through our talk, 'and there's a second one which will only be revealed in our utmost hour of need. As well as my own gift.' There's a long pause.  

'... So being a draguard is pretty cool then?' Riki laughed. 

'Yeah. Yeah it is.'

 *******

So, quite a lot happened in that chapter :) if you like it please tell me and I'll write the next chapter a lot quicker ;) 

See ya readers  

Thanks a lot, please vote, comment and follow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!