Chapter 4- Karoth, A Man of His Word

COPYRIGHT 2013

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

CHAPTER 4- KAROTH, A MAN OF HIS WORD

I hurtled into him.
He grabbed me by the arms, and spun me around like we were dancing.
"Yes, Cassy. Like we're dancing." He whispered in my ear, he spoke in a weird tongue, but one I knew. He was speaking Corian. He twirled me out and brought me close to his body.
"I'm afraid, Cass, I have a fixation with you. Wouldn't it be nice to see you in a dress? It pains me to see you like this." He pinched my disguise in between his fingers, and wrinkled his nose.
"Your a creep!" I spat at him, kneeing him in the crotch. His grasp on me flew away as he fell onto the floor.
"For the record- I hate dresses." I ran on, I was met by a dead end, but that was why I came down here. With my Corian strength I jumped up onto the roof. I was about to jump to the next roof, when the man shouted up to me; "Imagine dragons, Cassy." I froze, rooted to the spot, that's what your Caron used to say, isn't it?"
"You have no right to say that." I turned my head to the side, looking down at the tiles below my feet.
"No? Who says so?"
"I do." I turned to face him fully, feeling the warm sun against my back, and a slight breeze tugging at my hair playfully. I hoped my black silhouette against the sun would intimidate the man.
"Yes, Cassy, very intimidating, but very beautiful too." I ignored him. I turned around again.
"But don't you want what's yours?" He caught my attention.
"I don't have anything that's mine, apart from the clothes on my back."
"That isn't true."
"Who are you? How can I trust you?"
"I am Karoth, a man of his word."