Chapter 12- At Each Other's Throats

COPYRIGHT 2013

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

CHAPTER 12- AT EACH OTHER'S THROATS

We stayed there for quite some time. Holding our breath. But Tiki didn't get up. 

Riki shook his scales, and bent his head over to Tiki, whilst I was still locked in my position.

Riki nuzzled Tiki. No response.

Riki bathed the tiny dragon in smoke, smothering his form.

Tiki coughed, and shook his scales in agitation. I exhaled my fear, instead feeling dizzy with happiness.

Tiki stretched his little wings, and studied his brother. I don't think I had ever felt happier than that moment seeing my two dragons together. They started to play fight for a couple of minutes, until Riki had Tiki pinned against the floor.

Riki started to laugh, when all of a sudden, Tiki's body shook and shuddered.

He grew an inch bigger.

I gasped, turning Tiki's attention to me, and, using the advantage of surprise, he wriggled out from under Riki's platter-sized nose. He glided over to me, and landed lightly on my shoulder. Our eyes locked on to each other, and we drank each ther in, not wanting to miss out a single detail, flaws or perfections.

'What happened to you?' I was soft with him, and we continued to stare at each other.

'I let out a small shock of energy, Cassy, and then I made my self be still for a moment or two, making you thin that-'

"You did that on purpose?!" I roared aloud, causing Tiki to look away from me. I felt guilty, but Tiki was more so.

'I didn't mean to upset you!' He laughed nervously, jumping off to Riki's back plate, where he shuddered again, and grew another inch.

'Come on Riki, let's get going.' I ignored Tiki.

------

We had been flying for days on end. I had had to steal a few jumpers from various clothes lines, to act as a make-shift saddle, but after a few days of riding, even they had worn thin. Tiki hadn't been growing as fast as Riki had, but apparently Riki had been forced to take a drug that had sped up his growth. Tiki was still small enough to sit on my shoulder, him being as the size of an adult peregrin falcon.

'So how do we get into Coria then?' I asked Riki, me still not having quite forgiven Tiki.

'We have to go through the Giant's Causeway.' He said matter-of-factly; as if it was the most natural thing to do.

'How are we going to do that?'

'What's the point of having wings if you can't use them, Prilla?'

'Tiki are you trying to get on my nerves?' Anger flared up in me, 'Call me Cassy!' I snapped. Tiki laughed at me, 'Maybe I am... So what?' I gave him a glare. 

'You two are worse than two hatchlings!' Riki roared in our heads.

'I am a hatchling.' Tiki muttered.

'I wasn't the one who pretended to be dead!' I snarled, my fiery side taking over.

'Anyway, we're going to have to lock talons, and fall into the sea. If we are of Corian blood, we shall wake up in Coria, on The Serpentine Shore.'

'With Serpents?' I quizzed warily.

'Mmm...'

'Oh goody.'

******

Go read Jess_Smiles' book, Ashes :) 

Please don't be a silent reader! Vote, comment, follow, read and whatever else you do ;)