EIGHT

Luke came to school with the biggest smile spread on his face.

The phone call with Ashton had boosted his confidence level so high, that he felt like he could conquer the world.

He passed the school gates, even sending small smiles to the teachers for once. He didn't care if people stared at him funny, because his brain was just focused on Ashton.

Luke went over to his blue locker, and got his specific text books ready. He had Science first, and Ashton sat next to him in that lesson.

He sighed dreamily, as if he was the main character in a cheesy Disney movie, and did a little spin on his heels.

"Well, someone's happy." a voice spoke from behind him, and Luke turned to see Calum and Michael walking towards him.

He sent a happy wave, and kept his books close to his chest. The two teenagers stood in front of Luke, and Calum had this smug smirk on his face.

"So, what's gotton you into such a good mood?" Michael chuckled, and Luke just shrugged innocently.

Calum glanced over at the blonde, and nudged him slightly. Luke shuffled on his feet, and looked down to hide his smile.

"Enough chatter. We better leave Luke to his dreamy attitude." Calum sent a knowing look towards the blonde, and the blonde replied with a roll of eyes.

Michael nodded in agreement, and as he went to walk off, he stumbled on his shoe laces and clung onto Calum before he could fall.

The kiwi boy stared at Michael hanging onto him with wide eyes, and a very visable blush painting his cheeks.

Luke bit his lip to stop his smile, because it was so obvious the two liked each other.

They had only met for a week or so, so they didn't love each other, but anyone could see that there was some "tension" between Calum and Michael.

"Oh, uh, sorry, I just --" Michael stuttered out, letting go of Calum, and looking down to avoid Calum's eyes.

"It's -- It's fine." Calum replied, clearly flustered, and fiddled with his fingers. Which was a habit that Luke knew very well. Calum would always play with his fingers when he was nervous.

"We -- We should get - get going." Calum spoke, and Michael nodded.

The two sent a smile to Luke as a goodbye, and when Luke's eyes met Calum's, the raven haired boy immediately blushed again.

Luke was onto him, and Calum knew this very well.

The blonde shook his head in amusement as he saw the two walk away, and he too began walking to class.

:::

Luke had been sitting in class for what felt like an hour, but in reality, it was only five minutes.

The teacher hadn't showed up. But you know who else hadn't showed up?

Ashton.

The blonde couldn't help but panic. Ashton was always punctual. What happened?

Did he wake up late? Is he sick?

Luke hadn't seen Ashton around, and Ashton hadn't even stopped at Luke's locker to say hi, like he always does.

Perhaps, Ashton wasn't in.

But, Luke still waited, just in case.

The teacher had arrived, and simmered the class down, and soon enough the class was engaged in learning.