Snow

Kory was Dick's own personal sun. Warm, beautiful, and at times, dangerous. But not when it came to warming him up on a cold winter day in Bludhaven.

The woman draped her arms over his shoulders as his hands found their way inside of her jacket to rest on her hips. Dick leaned forward to bury his face in her warm neck and mumble something unintelligible, even to Kory's keen ears.

"What?" She almost laughed at his child-like behavior but kept it inside in favor of a smile. He'd been a little irritable since they'd woken up this morning, after he'd had his coffee he'd gotten better but he was grumpy. Like a teenager. Like a teenager whose mother had made him get up before one o'clock in the afternoon. She rested her face on the top of his head, cheek laying on the soft, dark hair as he mumbled again.

This time, just a little more clearly than the last.

"I said that I'm cold," he lifted his head from the crook of her neck, an impish smile playing on his lips. "And that you should warm me up."

There was no hesitation when she pulled him even closer to her body for a kiss. The kind that that warmed him everywhere, from his face to his toes. The kind of kiss that made him feel alive as he felt her pour her own body heat into him.

And God, it was amazing.