03 | welcome back

•••

A week has passed.

I haven't spilled the beans yet.

I honestly can't stop thinking about last week. Shawn's so grown now. He grew extremely tall. His braces are GONE. Puberty hit him harder than a wrecking ball. Literally. And he's still as sweet as a pie. He's always have. Sparks tingled inside of me, right when I opened that front door. It was so shocking to see him again, after years of him not seeing Shawn.

So, Shawn is moving back to the wonderful city of San Francisco, which means he finally gets to be with Lauren every single day of his life. Or every weekday. Not so sure about weekends, unless they can go mingle on Saturday and Sunday nights.

***

It is currently brunch, and I am starving. I haven't eaten breakfast, because I was too lazy to make my own meal at home. My mother now makes me create my own lunches since I'm now a more "responsible" person, which is so untrue.

Anyways, my best friend Nick was kind enough to lend me his apple. So glad I'm not starving to death anymore.

"So, I heard Shawn is coming back. I don't know when he's coming back to the school, but I know that he's moving back to the city. How do you feel about him moving back in?" Nick questions, as he eats his extra apple he packed for lunch.

"Uh, well, I'm glad he's coming back. I actually saw him last week," I slightly grinned. Nick raised an eyebrow, with a confused look. "You guys saw each other last week, as in you guys being a... 'Thing'?"

I face palm myself. ...This boy. "No, Nick, no. Really?" I shook my head in disbelief. Is this kid joking, or...

"Sorry! I didn't know. I know what you mean now, really. That's cool you got to see him again after years of him being in a different city a couple hours away." Well, the uncool part was hearing about his "oh so fantastic" relationship with problematic Laur. I'm sorry, I'm not extremely rude, I promise you.

"Yeah, it was. Oh, also, him and Laur are a thing now by the way," I raised my eyebrows and gave out a slight grin. I cringe every time I mention them both in a sentence.

Nick raises an eyebrow. "Really? Wow, they probably won't last long." He chuckled. I one hundred percent agree with his statement.

"Okay, I bought you a muffin, you're welcome," Leah says, as she walks towards the both of us. "Thank you!" I grab the muffin. "It smells so freaking good. Damn." I absolutely love muffins. Specifically chocolate chip. Buy me tons of them, and I'll love you forever.

***

So, today, after school, I have to help Shawn and his family out to move in some more furniture into their new home. They started moving in two days ago, and they're already almost done. Help is very well needed.

Pretty sick knowing that Shawn's neighbor is Nick, my best friend.

"Hey, mind if I help moving stuff in at Shawn's new house after school?" Leah asks.

"I don't mind at all! I'm pretty sure they won't mind. His family is lovely," I smiled to myself. Shawn's family is the best. Whenever his family would come over for dinner whenever my mom cooks, they would always be so sweet and generous. Especially his mom.

"Dude... Look... Shawn's already back," Nick looks over towards the cafeteria, hugging each and every one of his friends. Brian, Matt, and Lyall. So happy seeing him reunite with his best friends.

I'm not close to any of them, except for
Brian. He's probably one of Ian's most goofiest friends, but I guess I can tolerate him.

Leah places her hand on her cheek, as she gasps. "Oh my gosh!"