"Hurt ribs?"
Barry piped up, concern flashing through his eyes as he moved towards the monitor.

"A few bruises."
Pippin waved away, groaning as Caitlyn pulled her shirt up for Barry to see.

"I'm grabbing a few ice packs we have in the freezer."
She determined, smirking smugly at Pippin before she left.

Pippin glared at her retreating back, her attention soon darting back to Barry as she felt warm fingers against her skin.

His lips were drawn in a tight line that Pippin wasn't too happy to see, green eyes clouded.
She tensed the slightest as his fingertips dragged across her ribs, tracing the outline of every bruise that marred her tan skin.

A shudder ran down her spine, Barry's eyes flicking towards her as her fingers clutched his hand suddenly.

She felt hot, the area of where he had touched her burning up.

His hand was still resting on her skin, their gaze never faltering.

Until he broke away, respectfully retreating his hand with a pink tint of the cheeks.

Then there was silence.
Pippin squirmed.
Barry cleared his throat.
She folded her hands, awkwardly.
He rubbed the back of his head, sheepishly.

"Uh, I was wondering,"
He was first to break the silence, feeling her gray eyes land on him almost immediately.

"I'm visiting my dad."
He drawled out his words slowly, licking his lips for a second before continuing.

"Would you come with me?"
Pippin didn't know exactly how to feel or respond to that.

He never talked much about his dad.
Pippin had noticed that he would slip away every Thursday, usually in the afternoon and she had her suspicions.

But she could tell he wasn't ready to talk yet.
Mostly by his involuntary wince every time a father or the name 'Henry' was mentioned.

"I mean would you like to? You don't have to come if you want. It's just nice to have some company. There's no pressure though. If you don't want to come."
He started to rant, noticing her lack of a response.

"I'd love to."
She stated, slowly, earning a weak upwards twitch of the lips from him.

"I found the ice pack."
Caitlyn bounded into the room, raising her eyebrow at Barry then frowning as Pippin rolled out of the cot.

She almost fell, her skin burning as Barry neatly caught her, holding her smaller frame close to his body.

A blush graced Pippin's cheeks as her hands landed on his chest, feeling the muscle underneath.

"We're heading out, Caitlyn."
Barry stated, his arms dropping to Pippin's waist before they slipped off of her completely.

"I don't th-"
Caitlyn started but seeing the look on his face, she trailed off, sighing.
"Fine, but make sure she doesn't do anything to hurt herself even more."

Pippin sent Caitlyn a sour look before following Barry out of the room.

They passed by Ronnie and Cisco who were busy fangirling with each other over the honeymoon.

Everyone now and then, Cisco's squeals could be heard as Pippin and Barry walked, determinedly out of the Labs.

"I really needed to get out of there."
Barry stated, running a hand through his hair as he held Pippin's door open.

She had given up protesting weeks ago.

"I feel you."
Was her retort which made Barry chuckle as he closed her door and climbed in the car.