Chapter 13

Everything felt like it was on fire. I was in so much pain. I couldn't move or speak or even scream. Memories of my mom and dad flashed beneath my eyes and more and more images of my past blurred by and I couldn't do anything to stop the memories. I wanted to scream. I didn't want to see my parents again. I didn't want to see them eat each other again. I couldn't take this.

"Make it stop!" I screamed in my head. But it kept going and going. A never ending movie about my past. It was set on repeat.

I don't know how long I was out. I thought it would never end but when my eyes opened I was shocked and still in pain. I sat up on the bed and looked down at my ankle. Nothing had changed.

So how long was I out for?

My stomach grumbled and I looked at the window next to me. It was midday and the grass outside was taller then it was before, the ivy on the walls were thicker and it seemed time has been passing for a long time since I was last awake. I was so hungry, so thirsty and in so much pain. I didn't know what to do first. Should I take care of my ankle or should I eat?

I decided to take care of my ankle first. I cleaned it, this time just using soap and water then I, painfully, tried to put the bone back where it belongs. I used my left ankle as a sort of example to where I should put the bone back. Once I thought it was in place I cleaned it up again then attempted to sew it together. It was hard but I managed to get it all closed up then I put a bandage over it then wrapped it in a thin layer of gauze then placed a wooden stick against it and wrapped it up more. I searched around for something I could use for a crutch when I actually did find crutches. I grabbed them and started making my way downstairs.

When I got to the food area I shoved my face full of as much food as possible. Some of the food went bad and I thew it out but the vegetables in the garden were pretty much all ready to eat. When I was finished I found a small showering place behind the home building and quickly took a shower, (I took off all my bandages and stuff first.)

After I was full and clean I sat in the middle of the glade. The walls were still open and I was slightly afraid that a griever would come through there. I need to find a sufficient way to live here until I can find a way out. I know WICKED wouldn't keep me in here for a short time. What if there was no way out? I laid down and sighed. My ankle was killing me but I couldn't do anything about it. I just hope it heals correctly and soon.

I got up just when the ground started to rumble. I looked over to the walls and saw them closing. I sighed and started my way back to the home building. I was so tired and needed more sleep. I went to the medical room and fell asleep on the bed.

When I woke up again I decided to look at the griever serum that I injected myself with. There was only three more needles left. I wonder what happens if I run out. I gulped. What if I run out of food? And supplies? I ran downstairs and went to the food storage place and saw I did not have much left. I need to start saving the seeds and planting them.

I went out to the garden after I ate then started harvesting the vegetables and fruits. Then I went back to the kitchen-like area and started cutting out all the seeds. Once all of it was done I planted the seeds back and hoped that they would grow. The animals in the farm area were growing but they were not old enough to slaughter or breed yet so I fed them and left the alone. I sat back down in the middle of the Glade around noon. The sun was up and the wind was nice and cool. The doors were open but I wasn't that afraid the grievers would come and attack me here. It seems like they don't like the light very much. My eyes widened. If they don't like the light there must be some sort of hidden room or something, they can't hide in the maze because there is light everywhere.

"There is a way out!" I shouted and smiled.

And I was going to find it.

A/N

Sorry for the short chapter, been a bit busy lately. I'm just going to finish this book and then I will finish "Perfectly Imperfect". So if you read the A/N of the last chapter I just wanted to let you know I've been doing a lot better and I'm happier and I hope to be writing a lot more, like every night. You guys are amazing and I love you!!! <3

Comment, Follow, Vote pretty please with a cherry on top!

Talk to ya later Shanks ~Emily