Chapter 6

Not edited. 

A/N I know I confused you. In the beginning of the book, Jezebel is looking through a photo book and is drawn back into memories. In the last chapter, she was drawn back from the memories and it was halloween day. The book will begin moving between past and present. I thought it would make this a little more interesting. I apologize for it not being edited, but I really wasn't interested in editing tonight just to post it up. So you'll be seeing the first copy until I edit the chapter. If you see mistakes, feel free to point them out. 

"I'm not on S.H.I.E.L.D.'s radar and I hope to keep it that way, Steven." I narrow my eyes, catching him glancing down at the machete in my hands. He doesn't even trust me any more. Like I said, I'm a monster. Someone not to be trusted.

"How do you even know it's still alive?" I give him a look and toss the machete into the counter and grab a cup and pull out chocolate milk.

"Steve, you have one of the most brilliant minds due to doctor Erkines serum. You should be able to figure out how I know that the Avengers are still going and that the world known agency is still alive. Do you not recall the videos of a flying helicarrier in Slovakia? Or that there is an Avengers base?" I chug down the glass of milk, glancing out of the window. "Though it's hard to know who you have guarding my house."

"I assume you don't know about Bucky?" I slam my glass onto the counter and it shatters.

"Don't even say his name, Steve. You know why? Because he died, he lost his memories." A figure walks through the door to my kitchen, his large frame as big as Steve, probably bigger. I glance at Steve as the guy walls closer, but hair covers his face as he looks down. I inch towards the machete, but not for it.

"Jezebel." A deep raw voice speaks and the head tips up.

"Bucky?"

***

Back in memories: After Kiss from last chapter.

I let out an annoyed groan and run a hand down my face. The sun beats down jeep hood, making it hot and sweat begins to glisten on my forehead. I'm frustrated, no I'm slightly angry and I just want to shoot something. Why the heck did he run away?

I lift a hand to my lips, lightly touching them as I remember the pressure he had put on them when he kissed me. I remember his lips upon mine, the feeling of him wanting to kiss me. It was easy to spot the urgency he had to kiss me. The urgency. That word sticks with me. Of course he'd kiss me. He must be starved of female attention and to satisfy him he must've needed to kiss me. But why me? He could've had any agent or nurse with his looks. Well I was the only one here, well only women he could kiss.

I stretch my arms upward, stretching my back a long with it. Footsteps try to sneak up on me, but I listen closely as I swing my legs to stretch them. More footsteps join the one pair I heard and I kick my foot in the air, swinging it around in a roundhouse kick to the air.

My frustration helps me. It gives me the boost needed to make me fight harder, making me want to work harder and show myself that I can actually fight for the U.S. Army, not as some solider girl who needs protection, not as some Sergeant who would sacrifice the lives of the troops before their own but as a soldier who would sacrifice her life, put everything left into what she's got and never give up even when the battlefield gets bloody.

I missed a lot of a childhood that day I stopped away on my father's plane, but I wouldn't regret it.

"Sergeant Winters, we're going towards the base." I quickly push memories from my mind and create a black mind. I turn towards another one of my men. His name is Jack Turner, but he usually is called JT. His black sweeps in front of his face and I nod. I relax my body, tension fading away from my muscles.