EPILOGUE

*** So here it is folks, the end of Pains of the Past. I would like to thank each and every one of you for taking the time to read my story. As I mentioned in the first chapter, I think, I wrote this book for my mom. She told me yesterday that she finished it and wished I would write a sequel, but as I told her... sorry, this story is done, on to the next. :) ***

IrishEyez

EPILOGUE!!!

5 YEARS LATER

“Mom, CJ won’t leave me alone, I’m trying to read and he keeps taking my book!” Jenny yelled from the sitting room. Before I could intervene, CJ came running into the kitchen where I was preparing Christmas breakfast with Rosa and Nora.

“I am not, all I want to do it see what she’s reading.” CJ said in a huff, stomping his little feet.

“Carter James, you are well aware that you need to find your own book and leave your sister be, now do I need to tell you again?” I scolded.

He dropped his gaze to his feet. “No mama” He mumbled in a hushed tone.

“Good, now go or no gifts for you.”

Fast as a blink he was gone and all was quiet for now. It was only a matter of minutes before I heard soft footsteps running to the kitchen. They were the unmistaken foot falls of our third child Lucy Anne, she has curly black hair and Carter’s stunning gray eyes. She always slept in, unless we needed her too, then she was wide awake early.

“Mama, did Santa come?” She asked, still very sleepy.

I picked her up and gave her a kiss to her forehead. She would be five the following spring and the twins would be six in two days.

“After breakfast Lucy, let’s get you dressed, shall we?” She nodded and rested her head onto my shoulder. I carried her back upstairs and got her dressed up for the day in a beautiful red dress that Jenny had worn the year before for Christmas.

Once she was all dressed and her hair was brushed, I handed her her favorite doll and back downstairs we went.

I set her into her chair and helped Nora and Rosa finish breakfast. The front door shut and I heard two distinct giggles echoing through the house. I instantly knew it was Hector and his wife Temperance. They met about three years ago when Hector went into town with me and I noticed her gazing at him. They have been inseparable ever since.

They got married a year and a half after and were expecting their first child come the next spring. We had a second house built where they lived along with Nora and Eddy, however I felt that we needed to build another house just for Hector and Temperance.

I loved having them here and couldn’t see my life without any of them.

“Good morning all” Temperance chirped out. She was a beautiful woman. Blonde hair, bright blue eyes and such a happy disposition.