Chapter 15

*** I know that many of you have been waiting for this chapter, so here ya'll go. Sorry for the wait. I will try and add another chapter soon. Please comment and vote, it tells me what you think, and I get a little heart palpitation when I read them. Thank... *** Oh... and it's not edited, so... sooorrryyyy...

IrishEyez

Chapter 15

The pain radiating through my body was so intense and all I wanted to do was scream. My eyes wouldn’t open and I couldn’t move my arms or legs.

The only thing I could feel besides the pain in my head and stomach was someone holding onto my hand. I could hear Carter talking to someone about why I wasn’t waking up.

I don’t know how long I was out, but I wanted to open my eyes, I needed to see my husband, There were other voices too, Rosa, Hector and others, but I didn’t know who they were.

The sound of silence consumed me and I was not even sure if anyone was with me anymore. I forced my body to react, to move, to do anything I asked of it. After what felt like forever, I was able to move my fingers, then my toes joined in, Before long my eyes were open and I was staring through hazy eyes at the stark white ceiling.

The door opened and my eyes slowly moved to see Carter coming in with a coffee cup inhis hand. He looked like he had not slept in days, he had a beard growing in and he had dark black bags under his eyes.

He finally looked up at me and dropped the coffee cup, letting it shatter to the floor. “Lilly, Lilly you’re awake, oh thank God!” He popped his head back out of the door and yelled for the nurse. As quick as he could he was by my side and holding my hand.

“God baby, you had us all so scared, can you hear me, can you talk?”

I let out a soft cough and managed to forcé out a raspy ‘yes.’

The nurse and doctor came in and asked me several questions.

“Do you remember your name?”

“Lilly Faye Woods”

“Do you know where you are?” He asked.

“A hospital?” I asked back.

“Yes dear, do you remember what happened?” The doctor asked me back as he wrote some motes on my chart.

I took a shallow breath as the memories of what occured came back to me. A held back sob excaped my lips as I brought a hand to my stomach.

“David… the stairs…” The tears were falling down my cheeks. “Am I?” I asked as I looked from Carter to the doctor.

“Lilly honey.” Carter said while stroking his thumb over my hand. “Honey, you were pregnant, when that bastard pushed you down the stairs, it caused you to lose the baby. I’m sorry Lilly.”

I pulled my hand away from him and curled up into a tight ball with my knees drawn up to my chest.

“I’m sorry Carter, I’m so sorry, I should have done more to get away fromhim. I’m so sorry.”

Carter climbed into the bed and pulled me closer to him. “This is not your fault Lilly, please don’t blaim yourself honey, please.”

I kept shaking my head back and forth,this was all my fault. Had I just gone with David then Carter would not have lost a second child.

“Get some sleep Lilly, I’ll be back in a little while to check up on you.” The doctor said before leaving my room.

“Talk to me Lilly, I need to know that you understand that this was not your fault. Noone could have known that David was still arounud. If anything this is my fault, I should’ve known that he was going to keep trying again, I should have protected you better.”