Chapter Forty Four

Magsimula sa umpisa

At that moment, two police in uniform walk into the room. I stiffen immediately.

Oh my God, what if they searched my apartment? What if they found my drugs? My weapons? Oh my God, I'm going to go to jail.

"Is she awake yet?" One asks, a female with dark red hair.

"She just awoke, can you give us a moment?" Harry asks, not looking away from me. I nod in agreement.

"Alright, you have five minutes until we require a statement. Make it quick," she says formally and turns on her heels, exiting the room. A man with brown hair follows her.

"What's going on?" I ask quietly.

"You really don't remember anything?"

I shake my head.

"What's the last thing you remember?"

"Being at your house... watching the Jays game," I speak. He nods.

"Well, we went for an meeting that day, and left you alone at home. When we came back, you were gone and no one knew where you were. I tried calling Josh but he didn't pick up.

"We searched around everywhere we knew, three times, and no sign of you. Then, Louis' phone starts ringing but he doesn't answer it cause he thinks he found a lead...

"Turns out it was you. You left this message saying something along the lines of... "I need you to -""

I join Harry as some of my memories return.

"- meet my friend," I finish. Harry stares up at me, his eyes wide.

"Do you remember anything else?" He asks. I shake my head.

"Only bits and pieces..."

"Well, Louis called back, and you sounded all weird. It was like you were programmed or something until some guy took the phone and threatened your life if Louis didn't go.

"Of course, Julian was beside them when he got the call, and made him put it on speaker. Within 15 seconds, the top police units were on their way to your apartment..."

Harry stifles a deep sob and his eyes fill with tears.

"Shh..." I say, bringing my hand up to his cheek. I gently brush a tear with my cheek and press my lips to his.

"I - I should be the one comforting you, not the other way around," he murmurs, sniffling. I give a shy smile.

"It's okay," I whisper. He smiles back at me.

"Do you want to know the rest?" he asks, tucking my hair behind my ear.

"I think that's all the time they'll give you... The police want to talk to me, I'm guessing?"

The policewoman opens the door and strides in, clipboard in hand.

"Ms. Caldwell, I am Officer Black and this here is my trainee, Officer Hall." I nod and reach my arm out to shake her hand until I see the bandages and gasp.

"What... what happened?" I ask. I press my hand to my bandaged left arm and gasp in pain.

"You didn't tell her, I'm assuming?" Officer Black asks. Harry shakes his head. "You may go now."

"Please let him stay," I beg. She shakes her head.

"Miss, we need your full attention."

"Please..." I beg, tears filling my eyes. There are few things I hate more than being in a room of police.