Chapter 6: Not a Good Morning...

Start from the beginning

Veronica of course giggles and leans closer to his side and the sight makes me want to gag! I roll my eyes and turn around to finish making my lunch.

"So Serene, you haven't told me who you are going to the movies with...?!" Roni asked.

Sighing I responded "Does it matter?"

"No, but I would like to know who so I don't worry as much! I promised your parents that I would take care of you!"

"I know...don't worry it's only Ethan!" I say shrugging my shoulders since it's no big deal!

"You know Serene, you are a beautiful, smart and funny young lady who should be enjoying herself and go on dates! Ethan likes you...why don't you give him a chance?" she says and I turn to look at her.

Once again Dr. Queen looks spaced out clenching his jaw. Does he ever have another face expression beside PISSED!?

"Roni...you know why! Ethan is a good friend, that's all! I don't need distractions my first year of college especially after...!" I stopped talking and notice Dr. Queen looks up at me waiting for me to finish my sentence but I don't.

I hear Veronica sigh and get up. She walks up to me and puts both hands on my shoulders. "Not every guy is like him! Remember that...!" she says pulling me in for a hug.

"I know...I'm just not looking for a relationship, that's all...I want to become something of myself!" I reassure her. We pull away and she steps back nodding her head.

"I know, and you will! You got the brains mamita! You will go far in life!" she quips.

"Thanks Roni...!" I smile at her and hear her phone ring which she grabs from the table and answers. She excuses herself...it must be work.

It felt awkward having my professor in my kitchen listening to my conversation so I hurry to finish packing my lunch so I could leave with or without Roni.

"I thought you and that Ethan kid weren't dating?" I hear his voice ask behind me which I ignore.

I hear the scrape on the floor from the chair and his voice right behind me. "I know you heard my question Ms. Quinones!" his breath on my ear sent shivers down my spine.

I stepped to my left which he mimicked. I step to my right and he did the same. So I backed up against the counter which he caged me into...GREAT!

"Do you mind?!" I spat at him, I was getting sick of his games.

"As a matter of fact, I do!" he says back.

Scuffing at his response I shook my head in disbelief. "Why...does it make me more of a SLUT in your eyes?!"

He widened his eyes in surprise and tilted his head and chuckled. "YES!"

Glaring at him I try to push him away but he wouldn't budge getting me frustrated. "...like you?"

He stood up straight staring at me. "Me?" he asked.

"YEAH YOU! How dare you call me a SLUT when you are the one that had SEX with my cousin last night on the first date and then hit on me the next morning!?" I seethed and pushed him again succeeding this time.

Grabbing my wrist and pulling me towards him he says in my ear "I'm a man, it's different...and just to let you know, your cousin was the one who seduced me. She hinted she wanted sex all night so I obliged! Who's the SLUT now?!" he smirked letting go of my wrist just in time for Veronica to walk through the kitchen. He has some nerve!

"Serene, Stephen, I'm so sorry! But I need to head to the office right now. We have a last minute meeting that I have to make ASAP! So...!" she said in a hurry.

"It's alright Roni, I can take the bus. I was planning on it anyways!" I tell her walking towards her.

"Are you sure! I know I told you I could take you!" she said.

"No worries, I'm a big girl! I've taken the bus before!" I reassure her.

"You know Veronica...!" the ass**** began to say "...I can drop off your cousin to the campus! I have to drive that way anyways to go home!" he smiled at her and then at me! Oh hell no!

"Are you sure Stephen? I don't want you to go out of your way!" she tells him.

"No problem at all Veronica! I promise to get her there in one piece! Don't worry...and plus, it would give me a chance to get to know her, since she is part of your family!" kissing her on the cheek he then gave her a hug...kiss ass!

I had to interrupt..."Um, that's okay Dr. Queen! I can manage taking the bus! I really don't want you to go out of your way...!"

"Nonsense, I will take you and that's final Ms. Quinones...!" he tells me with finality! Great, just how I wanted to start the morning!

"Thank you Stephen...I owe you!" Veronica excitedly tells him hugging him and then kissing him on the cheek.

"Okay mamita! I will see you later and if you are going out with Ethan, please text me so I don't worry!"

Sighing deeply I joke "Yes Mom!" making her laugh.

We say our good byes and she's gone, leaving me and Dr. Queen alone.

"So, I'm gonna get going so I don't miss the bus...!" I drawl looking at him who now has a blank expression.

Squaring his shoulders he walked forward stopping a foot away from me. "Get your things! I am taking you to school! Stop trying to disobey me Ms. Quinones if not, prepare to pay the consequences!" he snapped walking away from me.

Well Damn!

A/N: Hello my readers! Another update...

It seems like Dr. Queen stuck around making Serene uncomfortable. She calls him out calling him a SLUT and turns it around calling Veronica one cause she gave it up on the first date. Do you think he's just using Veronica? Is he playing games with Serene? Why do you think he's treating Serene the way he is?

Thanks for Reading, Voting and Please comment!