Chapter 6: Not a Good Morning...

After the little tantrum I threw I went to get dressed. I needed to get out of this place. It was 8 am and I could just take the bus to campus if I had too.

Gathering my things I get a text from Ethan.

Ethan: "Good morning beautiful! Hope you slept well! Was wondering if you wanted to catch a movie or dinner tonight? My treat!"

Me: "Good morning to you too! As a matter of fact I did sleep well, thanks for asking! Since I'm not working today...why not!? Doesn't matter if movie or dinner!"

Ethan has become a close friend even though I know he wants more. I already had explained to him that I didn't want a relationship right now...I needed to focus on classes since it's my Freshman year. Maybe later on we could become more.

Ethan: "How about both? Pick a movie and let me know!"

Me: "Alright, give me a few to check..."

I really didn't know what movies were out so I had to check. Making sure I had everything I needed for my classes today I make my way downstairs, Praying that Dr. Queen had left already!

"Hey Roni! Do you know what movies are out?" I yell heading towards the kitchen.

"Depends on what you want to watch...!" she answered when I entered through the doorway and just my luck Dr. Queen is sitting there...WHY hasn't he left?

"Um, don't know...depends what's out!" I shrug walking over to the counter to make my lunch.

"Are you planning on going to the movies?" she asked as she picked up the newspaper I guess to check what movies are out.

"I am...later!" I say taking out the bread from the bag and placing it on the plate then closing it.

"Does someone have a date tonight?" she sang making me snap my head towards her. Did she really have to ask that in front of him?!

"Why would you ask that?" I widened my eyes and gestured towards him who was weirdly quiet. I glanced towards him and he looked pissed. He was glaring down towards the floor, his jaw seemed tight and the hand that was placed on the table was balled up into a fist...what was up his ass?!

"Maybe...!" I shrug my shoulders even though it was just Ethan who I was going to hang out with.

"Uhh, do tell!" she says placing her chin on her hand which was on top of the table batting her eyes at me. I'm going to kill her!

"Veronica!" I squeaked. "I don't think Dr. Queen wants to know about his student's personal life! Don't you...Professor?!" I glared at him and it seemed to snap him out of his thoughts.

Clearing his throat he turned to look over at me. "I'm sorry. Did you say something?"

I stared at him for a few seconds before repeating myself. "I said that I'm sure you DON'T want to know about your student's personal life...!" I said widening my eyes at him.

He kept his gaze on me while straightening his back on the chair. "I told you yesterday Ms. Quinones, I care about my students! In and out my classroom!"

"Yeah but I also remember you saying that you are not "Our Friend"! So....!" I drawled out while crossing my arms across my chest.

"Well, I did say that...but, things have changed!" he smirks.

"How so?!" I ask quizzically cause it seems like I'm not going to like the answer.

"I'm seeing your cousin!" he said with a smile as he leans over Veronica and puts his arm around her.