❆-Prologue

Youko's POV

"CATCH HER! DON'T LET HER GET AWAY!" The man commanded.

"W-What did I do to d-deserve this??" I sobbed.

My body is covered with fresh cuts and bruises. Some were deep that would probably leave a permanent scar on my small body. My head is hurting so badly from the impact I had when I was hit with a stick. I put a hand on my hand to find something thick and sticky.

B-Blood?!

I willed my little legs to run faster and faster and faster. Gathering the last bit of chakra I have left, I did a jutsu. An ability of mine which probably caused this incident to fall upon me.

"Ice Release: Ice Dragon Wing!"

A suitable size of wings formed behind my back and it brought me up to the sky, leaving my attackers no choice but to throw the weapons they have in hand at me. Because of my critical condition, I barely missed it. I flew as far as my chakra would allow me and crashed onto the ground. An impact like this would probably have killed many, but I'm no ordinary kid. I'm the- Immediately, I blacked out.

Orochimaru's POV

While ignoring all of Deidara's crap about art, I sensed a very faint chakra nearby. Normally, I would not give a damn, but something tells me otherwise.

"Deidaraaa, I sssensssssse a chakraaa nearbyyyyy"

"Yeah? You want to take a look, yeah? Doesn't seem worth seem worth the time, un"

I ignored him and left myself, he did tag along though. We are partners after all. Going through all the trees and avoiding the short branches, something blue caught my attention.

There.

I walk closer and crouch next to the small figure of a little girl with sky blue hair.

"A girl,yeah? Seems beaten up, un. Wonder what happened to her. She seems pretty cute though."

"We haveee to bringgg herrrrr backk to the bassseeeee. She seems to be in a critical condition." I scooped her up while saying so and immediately leap on the trees with high speed in fear she will lose her life if I'm any late to give her medical attention.

Deidara quickly caught up to me and questioned my actions because it does not suit my personality to care about anything, much less anyone. I find no reason to answer him, so I just focused on quickening my pace to reach the base without any interruptions.

~~~~~

"May I ask why did you bring her to the base?" Pein eyed the little figure in my arms suspiciously the moment I step into the base.

"We came acrosssss this little girl when we wereee on our wayy. She isss in need of medical attention thisss inssstant or she will losee her lifeee." I explained.

"And why should I give her such treatment?"

"She could be an assssset to the Akatsukiiiii. No ordinary kiddd can handle such woundsssss." I quickly replied, no longer able to wait as the this kid's life is slowly draining away.

Pein seemed to be deep in thought for a moment and slowly, he nodded his head. Before he spoke, I silently prayed he will not hand this fragile little girl to Kakuzu. Kami knows what that zombie will turn her into.

"Bring her to Konan. She will know what to do with her."

Thank goodnessssssss.

I obeyed his command in an instant to look for the said blue haired lady.

~~~~~

It seems she has a serious concussion aside from the scars she have all over her small body. It has been days since she was first brought to the base and she hasn't woke up yet. According to Konan, the doctor said she is in a coma. Only time will tell when she will wake up. Since there was nothing the hospital could do, they discharged her from the hospital and so, she is now in Konan's room, sharing a bed with her. Konan has taken quite a liking to her as she stays in her room everyday taking very good care of the little girl.

"PEIN! OROCHIMARU! EVERYONEEEEEEEE!!!" Konan shouted when all of us were doing our respective activities.

All of us bolted into her room, accidentally breaking her door.

"What happened?" Pein asked in a calm voice.

"S-She's awake!!" Konan pointed to the small figure on her bed and with tears in her eyes.

I took quick steps, followed by Pein and the curious members.

Her large eyes are lime green in colour with a tint of blue. She stared at all of us and screamed a dreadful cry.

"KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!"

She backed away until her back hit the bed stand with a terrified face. Quickly wiping it off, a kunai made of ice formed in her palm and she grasped it defensively in front of her.

"Stay away or I'll kill you!" She spat with venom in her voice, but it is obvious that she is scared. Her body is shaking frantically.

"We won't hurt you, young one. This man here saved your life" Konan pointed at me.

She looked from Konan to me and slowly lowered her kunai.

"R-Really?"

I nodded with a warm smile on my face and stretched out my hands to embrace her small frame.

She seemed reluctant at first, but she let her kunai vanish into thin air and slowly wrap her small arms around my neck. She sobbed on my shoulder for a little while and let go, staring into my eyes.

"Who am I?" She asked.

Silence fell across the room.

Who is she? She doesn't know who she is?

"It seems she has amnesia. The doctor mentioned about this because of her concussion." Konan spoke.

"Do you remember anything?" Pein asked.

The little kid scooted closer to me and avoided eye contact with Pein. He looked disappointed, but hide the expression away quickly.

I cooed her and asked the same thing as Pein.

"I-I can't remember a-anything. I o-only have knowledge a-about f-fighting and t-that.. E-Every human I-I see will h-harm me." She stuttered.

"She must have harsh experience before this to be so afraid of humans,un" Deidara said.

"Geez. No shit, Sherlock." Hidan rolled his eyes.

An irk appeared on Deidara's head and they two started bickering.

"Don't worryyy, none of usss will harm you. Do you rememberrrrr your nameee?"

She shook her head.

"We'll give her a name then" Pein said and looked at me, signalling that I should do it.

I stared at the little girl and her large lime green eyes, then I look at her sky blue hair.

Blue hair, blue like the ocean that sparkles under the sunlight.

"How abouttt.. Youko?"

At the mention of the name, she beamed cutely at me.

I think I'm going to like this kid.

"Youko it is then."