❆-1

Youko's POV

It has been years since Orochimaru left Akatsuki. I would be lying if I said it did not left me heartbroken. He was the closest to me followed by Konan and Kisame. Especially when he is my life saver and the one who named me after my accident.

I laid on my bed, thinking about Orochimaru. Unwilling to let my tears spill out. Suddenly, a knock is heard on my wooden door.

"Come in!" I quickly wiped my tears away.

My door cracked open to reveal a lean and tall figure with long raven hair tied into a ponytail. What intrigues me most is his red eyes.

Itachi.

"Youko, Pein requests for your presence in his office now"

"On it." I weakly said.

When I stepped out of my room, he spoke.

"You need not be so upset of his leaving anymore. It has been years, after all."

"You're not me. You know nothing of our bond!" I glared at him. "If it wasn't because of you, he wouldn't have left!"

"It was his fault in the first place to attempt stealing my eye. I'm not at fault."

If looks could kill, he would have been dead by now.

"SHUT UP YOU DAMN UCHIHA!" With that, I stomped off to Pein's office and slammed his door shut.

"You have to learn to control your temper, Youko."

"I'm sorry, Pein-sama. You needed to see me?"

"Yes, you have a mission in the Land of Sand." He handed a scroll to me and I read the contents while listening to him. "You are to get top secret informations of the village Hidden in the Sand. To do so, you have to first gain the Kazekage's trust."

"The informations eh?"

"It amazes me someone so young can be a Kage." I said while admiring his features.

He's quite hot and handsome.

"Handsome is he? After becoming Kazekage, he gained a lot of admirers. Tough competition there, Youko. But I'm sure you will catch his attention, given your unique hair colour and eyes. Such looks are impossible to find in that village"

I blushed beet red when he said that and squeaked,"S-Shut up!"

He chuckled quietly.

"Don't betray us, Youko. We believe in you."

I gulped and muttered a quiet,"Okay."

"Will Deidara be accompanying me in this mission?" I asked curiously as my partner isn't present while this mission is announced.

"Unfortunately, you will have to travel on your own. Your partner will be waiting for you in village. He is a potential Akatsuki member. This mission will prove his ability and if it's a success, he will officially be one of us."

"So he is informed of this mission already?"

"Indeed. His name is Sasori no Akasuna. His details are in that scroll too. Keep an eye on him and report to me if he is worthy."

"Hai, Pein-sama!"

"Your mission will start tomorrow. Have a good rest because this will be the longest mission you have ever done."

"Just one question. How am I going to enter the village?"

"You will have to be beaten up and fall unconscious in front of the gate. Act as if you have amnesia and that should be able to make them trust they you can't be a spy."

"Like how I came here years ago?"

"Yes"

"Okay."

I paced to the door and before I close it shut, "Don't fail me, Youko."

Hai..

~NEXT DAY~

I quickly prepared for my mission and left early in the morning. I requested for Hidan to beat me up as that happens to be his hobby, only that he is disappointed that he could not sacrifice me to Lord Jashin.

I travelled looking beat up. It is embarrassing, but I don't really care because I want to get over with this quick. I quickened my pace and managed to reach the village in a day without rest. I did this on purpose to tire myself out, so it will look more realistic when I put on my act. Before I act as if I fainted, I formed an ice on my palm and hit it on my head to support my act on having amnesia. Without having to act, I fainted quite far from the gates, but enough for the guards to catch a glimpse of a figure.

I guess I hit myself too hard.. I hope my supposedly act will not become a real case.