Chapter 4*

Chapter 4: Anxiety

"Hello." My voice was as coward as a baby toddler getting yelled at for the first time. There was no absolute way that Idris would stay calm for this one- especially not with how the pictures look. He doesn't normally pay attention to any rumors about me cheating or our relationship failing, but this rumor had visuals and there was no proper way to explain this to him without sounding like it happened, and because of that, I'm terrified.

"Hey baby girl what's up?" He responded.

Baby girl?

He has obviously not heard about that big rumor that has been released today. No, this is a trick; it has to be.

"Uh- hey, I'm okay. You?" I pleasantly spoke back, in the exact same tone I started with. "What's wrong? You sound afraid; hesitant."

Yeah, he definitely has not read the celebrity breaking news. I can't believe this right now. Is this even Idris? It's probably some fan prank calling me in his English accent.

It has happened before.

"I'm okay. So uh- when do you plan on coming home?" I asked him. I had an answer for his engagement offer and I want to see what all of his act was about.

Maybe he heard, he's probably just not upset because he knows you wouldn't do that.

Oh, shut the fuck up Knowles you know that's not how Idris's mind works.

My hand was damn near shaking and Kelly could see. I was not pleased with his happy tone; I'm pretty sure that I would've been calmer if he was yelling after me and driving over here faster than ever, but he wasn't and that made me worry.

"Guess what? Wait no, don't even guess I'll just tell you. I got the main role for 'Good Deed' !" He announced very loud to me. That's when my mood instantly changed "Oh my God that's great baby!"

He sounded breathless as I heard his footsteps move "I know, we should celebrate this tonight." He used his seductive voice and I could hear him smirking over the phone.

He's really happy if he's talking about celebration sex. We barely do any loving, this could be a change and I could feel my climax flowing up right this very minute. "We should." I agreed and I could hear his deep husky chuckle travel throughout the other line as he came up with a conclusion for our conversation.

Once we were off of the line, Kelly looked at me dying to know what we were talking about and why haven't I cried yet. There was nothing to tell her, Idris seemed happy as fuck, and I know Kelly isn't going to be happy about that either; she also knows how he works and this wasn't it.

"He didn't mention it..." I said lowly towards her and her eyebrows raised while she bit the inside of her mouth. "I could tell." was her only response. I leaned back against my desk chair, huffing out some air. "Maybe he doesn't care?" I suggested, but Kelly gave me a "really" expression. "That's the last thing that'll ever happen." She told me and I agreed, placing my hand on my forehead.

Idris was unpredictable sometimes, and this was one of the times.

"He seemed...happy, ecstatic even. He got great news today and he wants to celebrate tonight." I said while looking down at my hands that were laid on my lap.

"He'll find out, Bey. It's everywhere and everyone is talking about it! He's going to be pissed." I don't know if it was my nerves or Kelly's constant pestering but for whatever reason, Kelly's words struck a nerve, "You don't think I know?" I asked.

I stood up and started to pace, "I could tell him." I shook my head while mentally scolding myself for such and idea. "I could wait. Wait until he finds out." He'd be pissed either way.