Chapter 3*

Chapter 3: Idris's thoughts*

The sun beamed through the tilted glass window as I danced with the music in the dance studio. The beat was intense, making my hips gracefully sway side to side on its own, letting me take full control of my composure; although, the dance moves I was doing weren't my own. It was my choreographer's, Frank Gatson's, but it sure felt like it was mine.

I made it mine.

The heat of this studio was searing, or maybe it wasn't; I have been dancing for four hours straight so it can most likely be me. Either way, I wasn't a fan. My legs were agonizing, the bottom of my feet were raging and the pain was severe. I don't know much longer I can take, but I'm not stopping until I feel as though this was perfect.

The black leggings I chose to wear was making everything worse, the heat sunk into them, and it stuck unto my legs, leaving a burning sensation, but still I refused to stop.

This was something that I do often, and I call it being a perfectionist. I love performing, I mean that's why I made it a career. Hearing my name being shouted through crowds was like music to my ears and if I'm going to be able to keep this career, everything must be perfect. I want my fans drawed, refusing to let them down. Enticing them is my job, and it's honestly the best. My beehive can't get enough.

Just as I was finishing up my dance moves, I got interrupted. I didn't stop doing what I was doing, but I was listening. "Beyonce' your phone is ringing." My personal assistant told me as she held it in her hand. I took one glance at her, letting her know that right now was not the time, but she stood there with a blank expression and didn't do any movement; I then gave a reassuring look and that's when she nodded, walking away.

Sam Greenberg was my personal assistant; although, she wasn't very adjacent during the spot light, she has quite a job, and she does it very well if I may add. Sam was very solemn when it came to business and that's what I liked, she wasn't playful with her work, and even if she was she'd be fired within the blink of an eye.

"Ms. Knowles, it was Mr. Elba." she stated for the third time today as I leaned against the concreted wall, grinding my hips against them and she looked straight at me. She walked unto the dance floor, not drifting her eyes to another part of the room, but mine did. I looked up towards the ceiling before turning around and resting the front of my body unto the wall. When the song was finished, I ceased my gyrate before walking towards her, boiling in sweat.

"If you don't mind, can you please get me a cold wet towel along with some gatorade?" I asked, taking my phone away from her, she nodded before leaving me alone. I sat on the brown tiles calling Idris back. He's probably worried sick; I've practically been ignoring his calls all day. He answered on the second ring, yelling a distressed "Hello"

I leaned back against the floor placing it on speaker. "Hey baby, what's up?" I asked, he sucked his teeth quickly before replying. "I'm alright, why weren't you answering your phone?"

"I'm working right now, but I'm having a bit of a break right now. Why'd you call?" I was asking with pure innocence; he hardly calls this much, I mean he has his moments, but when he's working I don't even get a text message which is why I asked. "Checking up on you. Next time answer the damn phone, shit I could've been dead." he stated, and that made me laugh "Okay, I'm sorry. What you doing?"

"I'm out for lunch, missing your annoying ass."

"Well I miss you too."

He chuckled before replying. "I'll catch you later alright? Don't work your ass off." he warned, and I hate when he mentions it. I work how long I feel like I need to. I'm not going to go home when I know that I have something to do. I did that once and I wasn't myself, I couldn't sleep knowing that I didn't know how to do a simple run on vocal;. It stresses me out. I rather work 24/7 than performing something foreign to me and receiving 'boo's" from the crowd. Not like that hasn't happened to me before.