Chapter 11

Okay, so, because the last chapter was so short I made this one extra long to make up for it. Now that that's over, I hope you enjoy the chapter.  

[Edited 12/22/18]

Two hours later, I had a drawstring bag hung over my shoulder, sitting up against Thalia's tree with one leg pulled up to my chest. Bianca was supposed to meet me in a few minutes. Hades was supposed to have come to pick up Nico about 15 minutes ago, so I supposed they were saying bye and stuff.

I have ADHD, don't think that could have ever gotten out of that. So, being the fun person I am, I was throwing a rock at a tree and making it shoot back into my hand. Fun, right? Note my sarcasm. I did this with a plain face. If anyone were to watch me do that, they would probably think, "Man, that guy must hate his life,"

I heard footsteps approaching from the top of the hill where Thalia's tree was. I looked to my left and saw Bianca there with a backpack on, breathing heavily.

"Hills suck, don't they?" I asked her with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes, they suck," She replied while resting her hands on her knees. "I hate gravity,"

I laughed then took her bag from her. The others on the quest should be arriving in a few minutes.

"The others should be arriving soon," I told her. "How was your dad?" I ask, trying to make the time go by faster.

"He was actually fine. Wasn't as depressing as I pictured him to be-"

"Hold up. Why would he be depressing?" I asked, slightly laughing.

She looked at me with wide eyes, "He's, like, the god of the Underworld and stuff. Everything I've read about him says that he is either the evil 'bad guy' or a depressing man with no self-conscious," She said back.

I nodded my head, "Yeah, I see that,"

"So, as I was saying, it was pretty okay, a lot better than expected. It was a bit embarrassing and awkward at first. Nico had practically tackled Hades - dad, I mean. We talked a little but they left soon after." Bianca explained. We talked a little more after that but stopped as the other arrived with Zoë in the lead.

I nodded in greeting and we all exchanged brief introduction until Chiron came up to the hill, approaching us. "I wish you all luck on your quest. May Hermes grant you safe travel," He said, holding out a bag which Thalia took from his extending hand. It contained drachmae, money, and food, we thanked him for the supplies then headed down to the van we were going to use to get to wherever we were going.

"Oh, and Percy?" I turned around, stopping myself from continuing my way to the camp van where everyone else was almost there already. "Watch yourself, there are deities that want you dead." Chiron finished, nodding toward me and walking off. I bit the inside of my cheek and went down to the camp van which now had everyone in it. What else was new?

Bianca asked me what Chiron had said to me as I got to the door, but I just responded with, "Just good luck and stuff, nothing special." I loaded my bag into the back and got into the very back seat, keeping my drawstring with me. I was sitting in the back with Bianca, Thalia and Grover sat in the middle row while Zoë sat in the front. She was driving. I'm not gonna lie, I was slightly afraid.

"You sure it's safe for you to drive?" I asked uncertainly.

"Yeah, I agree with Percy. I'm 15 and know at least the basics and everything," Thalia added.

"Didn't you almost kill us all when driving the 'Sun Bus' as Apollo started calling it." I deadpanned.

"Who's side are you on?" She asked incredulously.