Chapter 4

A/N Disclaimer: I do not own PJO, it is Rick's. I swear a part of me dies every time I write that. Also, thanks to the current reviewers - it helps me when you do.

Edited: 12/4/2018. Italicized ' ' are thoughts.

Linebreak ~

Percy: Age 14

I've learned a whole lot growing up and being trained by the Primordials. I can handle almost all weapons with a great amount of expertise, not mastery or anything, but with skill. Though, I've always been a bit lackluster when it came to archery. The Primordials told me that Perseus had been bad with archery, too, trying to make me feel better. It didn't really help. Things had been tough at first, really tough. I mean, my mom had died and I was alone then suddenly I'm being taken in by five all-powerful beings? Yeah, it's a lot to happen within a day, having been only six when it happened definitely didn't help, either. But, the Primordials were really patient with me. Eventually, I actually started really enjoying staying down here, took a while, but it happened, and the Primordials began working with me once I was. On top of Ananke being my homeschool teacher, they began training me to fight.

They devised a system where they each had different times where they would train me, and also different months where they'd be focusing on primary skills of mine. Like focusing on my hand-to-hand combat, using my powers alone, or just weapons. It was like my own curriculum apart from my homeschooling.

Currently, we were focusing on hunting, hand-to-hand combat, and general fighting using bows and hunting knives. But, to be honest, it was mainly Hemera kicking the absolute shit out of me in her 14-year-old form.

With that being said, let's get on to what's happening presently.

'Slash, jab, duck, rock, feint, thrust, jab-Oh, fuck' I gripped my shoulder in pain, taking a few steps back, trying to recover my balance as I'd just been shot by a dull arrow. I looked up as Hemera quickly dashed towards me, leaving me panicking to run as she was a hell of a lot quicker than me. I tried to feint and double back to possibly catch her off guard, but she didn't even hesitate and rammed right into me. I fell onto my left side and quickly threw her off of me, attempting to quickly stand for her to only tackle me back down to the ground, straddling my waist with her knife held to my throat.

She had her hair tied into a braid which rested over her shoulder, it hung down as she leaned down closer to me with a slight smirk on her lips. "Yield?" She asked ever so teasingly. I rolled my eyes before grumbling a quiet 'Yes'.

"Sorry, what was that? I couldn't hear you." She questioned, her smirk growing. She applied more pressure to the blade, making it a struggle to swallow without worrying that it'd cut me.

"I yield, Hemera," I repeated, giving her a slight glare as she smiled wider. She finally removed the blade from my neck, standing up while holding out a wrapped hand to help me up. I took it, pulling myself up then rubbing my neck where the knife had been, looking around for where Hemera had knocked my knife away to.

My attention snapped to the left of us, though, as I heard laughter and turned to see Erebus standing at the doors of the combat training area. "I just love hearing your thoughts, Percy, it's hilarious. Though, I never thought my daughter would have such a dirty mind! You should've heard what she thought whilst on top of you." He said. My eyes widened as I turned to look at Hemera, already feeling my face heat up. Hemera just glared at Erebus, removing her braid and huffing as she walked out of the training area. I crossed my arms while giving Erebus a look.

"Wow," he said to himself, "Didn't think that'd actually get her to leave, 'specially since she wasn't even thinking anything. Nyx is gonna kill me if Hemera tells her, though," I scoffed while laughing, walking up to him.