Chapter Six

Reader-chan POV

I slightly panicked when she closed the door behind her.

"So, what kind of stuff are we talking about?"

"Relationship stuff," Matsuri spoke, walking towards me.

"Oh.Well I'm not dating anyone right now..."

"Then we can talk about my relationship," she stopped a foot away.

"Um, if its help you want, I'm not really, skilled, at this sorta thing."

"Don't worry, I just need help answering a few questions. You see, me and this guy are dating, and we were doing pretty good, until a girl decided to walk in and steal him from me. How would that make you feel, [Y/N]?

"Well, it just depends on what my relationship with the guy is. I mean if he wants to talk to another girl he can, I'm not going to go crazy over it."

"Then you and I are very different people," she started stalking towards me, a smirk on her lips, what's mine is mine and only belongs to me."

My back was pressed against the chalkboard.

"You better stay away from Gaara, [Y/N]," Matsuri said in dangerous tone.

"Uh, I don't know what you're talking about, Gaara and I are just friends," I mumbled.

"Oh please. I see what you do to him. The hugs and smiles you give him. Do you really think he'll love someone like you?" She hissed.

"Don't really care about that. I'm happy enough that he's my friend," her words stung a little.

"I don't know why you're still around him when shows he's not interested in you."

"I'm still around him because I care about him! So many people have, avoided and degraded him! He may not show it but he's lonely, he needs someone by his side, someone he can trust!" I raised my voice.

"He already has me by his side, he doesn't need anyone else."

"You can't decide his life for him! And you even said do yourself that you and Gaara aren't dating anymore!"

"We're not but we will be soon. All I have to do is get rid of everyone he's close to and he'll be all alone and come running to me."

"That doesn't even make sense."

My comment went unheard, "and I'll start with you."

Just as she grabbed my collar, the door swung open, the person enraged.

"G-Gaara! You're supposed to be at lunch!" Matsuri exclaimed, letting go of my collar.

"I thought I warned you not to mess with [Y/N]," Gaara growled.

"We were just talking-"

"I don't want to hear it! Get out Matsuri. I never want to see you around me or [Y/N] again."

Matsuri obeyed, scurrying out of the room without a word. Gaara was still on the doorway, his head down.

I hesitantly walked towards him, "Gaara?"

He didn't respond.

"Gaara?", I repeated.

I reached my hand out to his head and tapped it. His hand shot up and grabbed my wrist.

"I'm sorry [Y/N]..." He mumbled, his face in the crook of my neck.

"You couldn't have controlled that girl, Gaara. She would've acted like that no matter what you would've done," I reassured, hugging him back.

Gaara let out a breath and pulled back, looking down at me smiling all of a sudden.

"I'm not lonely anymore because I have you by my side."

"You heard that?" I asked, my face heated from slight embarrassment.

"Yeah. I was shocked you stood up for me."

"Your my friend, why wouldn't I?"

The bell rang signaling lunch was over. Gaara and I walked to Gym together. The day went on like usual.

A/N: You know that feeling when you first write a story and you check non-stop to see how many reads you have? I still do that. And it's increasing!!<3 :3 I love you guys, thanks for sticking around. 😺😻\(^-^)/😻😺