Chapter Nineteen

Reader-Chan POV

  I spent the rest of my weekend inside with no physical contact of the outside world. I couldn't allow Gaara to visit after Saturday since my cold got worse. But thanks to disgusting meds and a lot of rest, I'm able to attend school with only a small cough.

  Slipping on my shoes, I went out and sat on the porch waiting for Niekku and the three siblings to arrive. I never wait long. I usually spot them on the sidewalk in the few minutes I've been out. And with Niekku being right next door, he's the first to arrive.

  "Any ideas on what to do for our art project?" Neikku asked as we walked to school.

  I sighed, "No. We need to figure something out so we can get it going already."

  "What's it about?" Temari piped up.

  "Nature. We need to capture a scene on our canvas and turn it in. It has to be from an actual place too. We need somewhere that can get someone's attention besides the snow. We'll be behind if we don't choose quickly."

  "What about the lake?" Kankuro spoke this time.

  I thought for a bit. "That could work."

  "Why don't we all go." Temari suggested.

  "Really? You guys want to go?"

  "Yeah. It'll be fun."

  I looked at Neikku. He sighed, "As long as you don't distract us I'll be okay with it."

~TimeSkip brought to you by Naruto. You better believe it!!~

  I sat on the floor of my room, waiting for Gaara's arrival so he could help me with my homework. It was strewn on the floor around me as I sat in the middle. I tapped at my phone before heading downstairs.

  "Hey. I didn't know you were here." Gaara stood in the kitchen across from mom who was leaning against the wall. "What'cha talking about?"

  "He's just saying hello. I was just about to call you down actually. Takashi said he was having a bad day and was waiting for you to get home. He didn't say anything about it."

  "I went in his room earlier and he was asleep so I'll let him sleep some more. Gaara and I are going to go up now."

  We sat on the floor trying to solve the various equations on the sheet of paper.

  After several problems we decided on taking a break. I tossed it aside and leaned back into Gaara's chest. He nuzzled his face into the crook of my neck. I giggled as his hair tickled my neck. I felt him smile against my skin and his grip tighten around my waist before doing it again while tickling my sides. A burst of laughter escaped my lips and tears reached my eyes. I fought my way out of his grip, twisting around and landing on my back.

  I finally caught my breath and looked up at the redhead. He smirked down at my with the same amusement in his eyes as before. Was I that entertaining?

  Gaara trapped me between his knees and arms and leaned down. He pecked my lips then my neck where his head had been. He rested his head on my shoulder this time and sighs. A shiver ran down my spine as his hot breath hit my neck.

  "[Y/N]..." He whispered as he linked our fingers.

  "Yeah?" I kept my voice at the same volume, playing in his hair.

  I felt him tense before whispering quieter, "I love you."

  If I weren't this close I wouldn't have heard him. But I did. Heat crept to my cheeks and my words died at my throat. My hand stopped playing in his hair and I couldn't move. The word 'love' echoed in my mind.

  Gaara's lifted his head and meet my [E/C] eyes. He smiled and said those words louder.

  "I love you, [Y/N]."

  I didn't know how to respond. I couldn't. The door opened before I could.

  Gaara and I sat up as Takashi stood in my doorway with puffy eyes. He sniffed a bit before proceeding into my room, clearly not noticing the hazy atmosphere.

  I'm partly glad he showed up when he did. It prevented the suffocating silence to continue.

  "[Y/N]. I had a bad day. Cheer me up." Takashi pouted wrapping his arms around my neck.

  I rubbed his back and looked up at Gaara. He pointed to the door indicating that he had to go.

  I gave him a sorry smile but he dismissed it. He stepped forward and pressed a kiss to my forehead. He waved goodbye and left, closing the door behind him.

  I pushed my lingering thoughts aside for another time and focused on Takashi.

A/N: I had a sudden urge to write and this is what I came up with. Sorry it's short. I hope you like it!~ <3