Chapter Seven

The girl locked eyes with Tensley through the sultry, thick air, and he knew he had his first victim. She licked at her dark purple lipstick, posture straightening fast as his pheromones took over her senses—her sex drive. When she approached him, he noted her dilated pupils, a huge indication that his power was working. He tilted his chin upward and simply smiled. That was all it took.

The redhead was mercilessly savage as she groped his chest, but Tensley couldn't argue. He needed physical contact; even someone hanging off his arm, stroking his chest, nibbling on his earlobe was doable for a period of time. The guilt of being with someone else other than Evelyn stung, however. The downside to being an incubus: the constant need for intimacy for health. The upside? He had no problems attracting suitors. He simply locked eyes, tipped his chin, and sent off pheromones of heightened sexual attraction, and they were swinging their hips towards him, giddy from his heated gaze.

When he had done the same to Molly, she struggled against the pull, but he caught moments where she would heed his abilities and be drawn to him. He needed Molly to cooperate, and using his pheromones to control her was his best bet.

He moved Redhead to a crowded corner of the club and placed himself in front of her as she continued to kiss his neck. He concentrated on the industrial brick wall, feeling his energy strengthen a tiny bit. It wasn't the same as sex, or if he was actually participating in the act, but he couldn't bring himself to do that. Evelyn's dark eyes flashed in his head, and his hands curled against the wall. If he didn't keep up at least a bit of strength, his health would decline, and with his role, he couldn't risk being weak.

Fingers grasped his jaw, and her chapped lips scratched against his. He shoved her hand away, stepping back.

"What's your name, handsome?" she continued, her thick makeup making her look clownish in the club's strobe lighting.

He gripped her throat and shoved her back against the wall. Leaning in close, he bared his teeth. "No kissing on the mouth, understood?"

She blinked several times before she nodded. His hand spread down her throat to her collarbone and lingered, feeling her heart beating wildly. The girl wanted him. Badly.

"Good." He threw her head back and nipped at her jaw, marking his way up to her ear. When she tried to touch his face, he glared and roughly removed her hands again.

He couldn't do this. He'd amassed enough energy; he wasn't going to waste his time avoiding the Darling household.

"Come home with me," Redhead giggled, gripping at his bicep. She was light-headed off his touch, off his incubus seduction.

He glowered down at her hand, manicured with long, red nails. "I'm not your type."

She swung her head back to the beat of the fast-paced music, then lost her footing and balanced against him, laughing loudly. "You're exactly what I'm looking for, babe."